T e n

·:*¨✧ ☽ ✧¨*:·

.·:*¨✧ ☽ ✧¨*:·.
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ☆ ┊ ┊
┊ ☆ ☆ ┊
★ ★

Scotland, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, 2nd September, 1991

Sunlight peeked behind the deep red curtains that surrounded the girls' dormitory and one by one, the students rose from their beds, some looking around in a haze while others were excitedly getting ready for their first day of school. Lily fit in the second category and she was feeling over the moon.
Hermione and her couldn't keep themselves quiet as they got dressed, excited about what they were going to learn and even earned a few hushes from a bleary-eyed girl that was still trying to get her bearings.

   The girls exited the bedroom and walked down the stairs, finally making it to the common room. While Eva sat on an armchair, Hermione made sure she had everything she needed for today's classes and some other things the girl needed for what she called 'light reading'. When she was finally done, Hermione turned to face the red-head and said, "I'm going now, I have some things I want to revise before classes start."

"You're not gonna wait for Harry and Ron?" the Potter asked, genuinely confused, as she stood up and walked over to Hermione.

"I get the feeling they don't particularly enjoy my company," the bushy-haired girl replied, finding her shoes suddenly interesting.

"I'm sure that's not true at all!" Lily smiled and gently patted Hermione's shoulder. "You just have to get through them and I'm sure they won't leave you alone!"

"I've never had friends before... and since I'm an only child, books are the only thing that keep me company when I'm alone," the brunette revealed, feeling like she could trust the other first year. "So I'd like that, to have some friends."

   Lily nodded, understanding Hermione's feelings. "Don't worry, I'm your friend now and I'm sure you'll have plenty more." Eva hugged the girl and Hermione felt herself smile, hugging the ginger back. When they pulled away, they smiled at each other one more time before the bushy haired student said, "But I should really go study, I feel like I'll make a fool out of myself at class if I don't."

And so Hermione exited the common room and left Lily alone after they said their goodbyes. When the boys finally arrived, the trio walked down multiple flights of stairs until they arrived at the Great Hall, quickly finding seats amongst their peers. They ate their breakfast happily, enjoying their first morning at Hogwarts.
Soon, the owl post came and many students were excited to receive letters from their parents about how proud they were of them for getting sorted into a specific house. Hedwig flied over them as she dropped 2 letters and Lily expertly caught both things, already used to this routine back at home.

She turned to Harry with an overjoyed smile. "I sent a letter to uncle Remus telling him about yesterday's ceremony, I expect him to be very happy with the results." The girl opened the letter and read it out loud so Harry could hear it.