T w o

·:*¨✧ ☽ ✧¨*:·

.·:*¨✧ ☽ ✧¨*:·.
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ☆ ┊ ┊
┊ ☆ ☆ ┊
★ ★

Yorkshire, July 31, 1991

  Green eyes fluttered open when the alarm-clock set off right next to her. She closed them right after seeing that the room was too bright for her liking, before sighing heavily and lazily opening them again. The ginger sat up and crossed her legs, trying to get used to the brightness of her bedroom and, as she looked around the room, she noticed that on the calendar that was hanging on the wall was that day's date. It was her birthday.

"I can't believe I actually forgot my birthday," the girl muttered as she laid down again, a giggle escaping her heart-shaped lips.

"Our birthday, you mean?" A small boy's voice startled her and the girl quickly sat up again, holding a hand to her chest.
"Merlin! You scared me, Harry!" Her brother simply gave the ginger a toothy grin, laughing at her reaction. Before Lilith could throw her pillow at him, a soft knock was heard, followed by a gentle voice that she recognised very well as her godfather's.

  "Are you two awake?" Remus asked from behind the door.

"Yes, uncle," Eva responded, before teasingly narrowing her eyes at her brother and mouthing, "Lucky."

"I've already prepared breakfast. Go take a shower and brush your teeth, then come out to eat, alright?" Remus told them as he opened the door quietly, taking a quick glance around the room before his eyes landed on her and then Harry.

"Of course, we'll be quick," Lilith answered, getting off the bed and sprinting to the bathroom that was connected to the room. She hurriedly closed the door behind her, hearing Harry's whine from outside. "Not fair, Lily! I was up way before you!"

  "Snooze, you loose!" the ginger mocked him, before stripping her clothes off and getting into the shower. Once the girl was done, she got off the shower and wrapped a towel around her shoulders, taking a moment to stare at the scar on her side, tracing it gently with her fingers, before shaking her head and focusing back on her task.
As she combed her hair, Eva thought of what they were going to do that day. Remus had promised the twins they were going to Diagon Alley to buy their school supplies for Hogwarts and, he had also told them that he had a surprise for them. Lilith shrugged it off, thinking she'd have to be patient to find out what the surprise was.

The girl finished brushing her teeth and barely made it out of the bathroom when Harry came rushing inside, closing the door as soon as she was out. "Took you long enough!"

  "C'mon, Harry! I didn't take that long," she huffed, rolling her green eyes. The ginger decided to ignore her brother's childish behaviour —for the sake of their birthday, really— and focused on what she was going to wear. From her wardrobe, she pulled out a yellow dress she had been gifted by Mrs. McGonagall last summer, then she slipped on her favorite pair of shoes and walked out of the room. When Lilith got to the the kitchen, she could smell pancakes with all sorts of toppings and she smiled fondly, knowing that this was Remus' gift. Their favourite breakfast.