T w e n t y - t h r e e

·:*¨✧ ☽ ✧¨*:·

.·:*¨✧ ☽ ✧¨*:·.
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ☆ ┊ ┊
┊ ☆ ☆ ┊
★ ★

Scotland, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, 21st December, 1991

It was the last day of school before Christmas holidays and Lily and her friends were having dinner in the Great Hall. Eva could see that Hermione was throughly enjoying her last feast at Hogwarts afore going back home the next day. The girl was enthusing over the Charms homework they were assigned and how she was going to use her first couple of days to conclude all the assignments they were given by the professors.
   And, although Lilith tried to be active in their conversation, her mind couldn't help but wonder about the whole Nicholas Flamel mystery. His name was familiar, yet when she tried to remember where she'd read it from, her head would become blank.

  "... don't you think so too, Lily?" Hermione's voice pulled Eva out of her thoughts.

  "Oh? Yeah, sure," the ginger replied hastily, trying her best to sound interested.

  The bushy-haired witch clearly noticed her friend's lack of enthusiasm, but didn't comment on it like she'd normally do. "...It's a shame I'll be going home tomorrow, I still wanted to find out who Nicholas Flamel is with you three."

  "Don't worry too much, Hermione," Ron chipped in as he munched on a chicken leg. "We will definitely find out before you arrive."

  "We've got it," Harry added cheekily.

  "If you say so," Hermione sighed, looking at them with uncertainty. She then turned to face Lily and whispered, "Please, keep an eye on them."

The ginger nodded her head and the two of them shared a smirk. "Those two know better than to horse around when I'm with them. Right, boys?" The young wizards glanced at each other before looking at Lily with mischievous smiles on their faces.

  "Yes, mum!"

Eva's eyes widened in shock and she tried to take a swipe at them, but they managed to get away at the last second. "You two! Shut it!" The witch looked around them to see if anyone had heard them and sighed in relief when she realised no one had. "Stop trying to embarrass me!"

  "Something tells me they don't have to try," Hermione interrupted their argument, her eyes glued on Headmaster Dumbledore, who had risen from his seat. Lily followed her gaze and fell silent, the two boys also doing the same thing.
Professor Dumbledore raised his hand gracefully and the hall grew quiet. Then, he began to speak, "As you may all know, tomorrow's the start of the holidays. Some will be leave, while others will stay at Hogwarts for the the winter holidays. Either way, I'm hoping that everyone's enjoyed their first term and will be ready for the next one that'll be starting the following year." The old wizard gave a gentle smile, before gesturing towards Professor Flitwick, who was bouncing excitedly in his seat. "To send you all off on a good note, I present to you The Frog Choir."