Chapter 7

Averys POV
(Later that night) I'm pacing around my room waiting for news about Jake. My phone rings and I answer immediately "hello" I say. "Hey Avery, it's billy" he says "billy how is he? Will he be okay?" I ask worried. "He has mono, it's probably best you stay away" "oh okay" I say disappointed "I'll keep you updated tho, bye" "bye". 'How would he have gotten mono?'

Jakes POV
My dad hung up the phone "dad, I need to tell her, I trust her" I beg "no, only certain members of the tribe should know" he says. "Dad, I know Avery, she would understand— "no! That's final" he says. I storm out and shift.

Averys POV
I hear Bella's phone ring probably billy with the same thing'. (1 week later) I'm getting fed up with waiting, he should be better by now. I decided I'm just going to go over unannounced. I change and get ready. I go downstairs, go to the kitchen and grab some soup to bring to them. I go out to Bella's car and take it. I head over to jakes. I arrive and get out, I go up to the door and knock. Billy opens the door "oh Avery what are you doing here?" He sounds like he was expecting someone else. "Brought soup and was wanting to see Jake" I say and hand over the soup "oh, he's still sick, I'm sorry" he says. "How's he still sick? How did he get it?" I ask upset "I don't know" is all he says. "Ok well I guess bye" "bye" I walk back to the truck. I glare at the forest behind their house to see 4 guys come out of the forest shirtless. 'Is that Sam and his gang? What are they doing here?' I get in the car and leave. (1 week later) me and Bella are getting impatient. Harry is starting to have heart problems. We both just got a call from billy saying Jacobs better and out with friends. "Get ready, we're going out" Bella says, I roll my eyes and go get ready not having the energy.

 "Get ready, we're going out" Bella says, I roll my eyes and go get ready not having the energy

We go downstairs and get in her truck. She drives to the forest, we get out "why are we here?" I ask "shut up, come on" we walk into the forest. "Why are you so mad?" I ask "I saw Jake, he was with Sam and his cult" she said "wait what?!" I get mad."Just come on" we arrived to a open meadow. I look around and Bella falls to her knee touching the grass. She stands up and we see a guy "Bella" "Laurent" 'they know each other?'. In a blink of an eye he's in front of us 'vampire' "I didn't expect to see you here—he starts walking around us—I went to visit the Cullens but their house is empty" he said. I started getting scared "I'm surprised they left you behind—he glances at me not knowing me—aren't you sort of um a pet of theirs?" He laughs a bit.I smile a bit but stayed quiet, he widened his eyes in joy as he saw me smile, I shook my head yes at him. "Yeah you could say that" Bella said "do the Cullens visit often?" He asked, I shook no, he smirked. "Yeah absolutely all the time, I'll tell them you stopped by— he narrows his eyes knowing she's lying —I probably shouldn't tell Edward cause he's pretty protective" she lied. "But he's far away isn't he?" "Why are you here?" She asked getting mad or scared. "I came as a favor to Victoria" "Victoria" Bella repeated,I'm confused."She asked me to see if you were still under the protection of the Cullens, Victoria feels it's only fair to kill Edwards mate seeing as he killed hers. An eye for an eye" I am shocked. "Edward would know who did it and he'd come after you" Bella panicked, I stand on her right "I don't think he will, after all how much could you mean to him if he left you here unprotected". 'True' "Victoria won't be happy about my killing you but I can't help myself, you are so mouthwatering".Bella grabs me and puts me in front of her "eat her but leave me please" she begged, my heart started racing.