Chapter 8

Averys POV
He walked slowly up to me then shook his head to the left telling me to move. I did what he said and he looked at Bella "please don't, I mean you helped us" she panicked. In a flash he was in front of her "no no no shhh shhh—he puts his hands on her face—don't be afraid,I'm doing you a kindness" then he whispers in her ear. "You will feel nothing" he backed up and had his hand out like he was going to slap her. "Edward, I love you" she whispered then a branch snap happened interrupting 'ughhh'. We all turned to the right and slowly wolves started coming out. I slowly back away scared, the wolves were huge. The guy ran and the wolves started running after him except one brown one. It was right in front of us and it turned to us then it ran with the rest. Me and Bella ran back to the truck. We climbed in fast and Bella sped home "those were huge" I said "we have to tell dad" Bella said. We got home and ran inside, went to the kitchen "dad I saw them" Bella said "what's the matter?" Dad asked looking at us. "In the woods, they're not bears" she said "what do you mean in the woods? Bella what the hell were you doing in the woods?" He said. "Their wolves, I mean like huge wolves" I say avoiding the question "are you sure about that Avery?" Harry asked. "Yeah I just saw them, they were after—" "something" Bella said hiding the vampire. "Wolves? You saw them?" Dad asked, we nod yes "alright well Harry, feel like going hunting? Get some of your guys together" dad said "yeah sure I'll-I'll just" Harry walks away. "Guess I'll go to the station" dad stands up "yeah you should go" Bella says "can you just stay here? I'll be back" "yeah" I said. Dad leaves the house "what are you doing?" I ask Bella "dad can't know,you should know this, don't tell him" she goes upstairs.

(4 hours later) I'm laying on my bed when I hear a pebble hit my window.I get up and open my window, I look down to see 'is that..Jacob?! Why didn't Bella tell me this?'. "Jake?" I ask "I'm coming up, back up" he says. I take a few steps back and a few seconds later he's in my room. I look him over, short hair, abs, muscles, broad shoulders. Wearing Jean shorts and his tennis shoes, I look back up to him and he steps forward so I step back. "I'm sorry" he says and steps forward, I hold my hand out putting it flat on his chest. "Look I wish I could explain but I literally can't" he said, I walk over and sit on my bed. "Have you ever had a secret? You couldn't tell anyone, one that wasn't yours to share?" I think of the Cullens.He sits next to me "that what it's like for me but worse" I put my hand on top of his. His hand was burning "is this about the Sam cult?" I ask "you have no idea how tight I'm bound" he says, my heart breaks. "I hate it—I put my right hand on his left cheek—I hate what they've done to you" I say softly. He puts his hand on my hand and leans his head on it. He stands up "do you remember that time I told you about um..in the garage..?" It's almost like he can't say it "yeah the story about the tribe legends,wolves" I say. He smiles a bit "yeah, I want you to remember what I told you" 'he's trying to change the subject' "Jake there's gotta be something we can do about the cult-" "no I'm in it for life" he said. An idea pops in my head "why don't we leave? Find a place to settle, you always wanted to go to New York, or just travel?" This would be perfect for me. "It's not something I can just run away from but I would run away with you if I could" I stand up and walk around thinking how could I fix this. "I gotta go, they'll start wondering where I am" he stands in front of me, I sigh sadly and my eyes start to water."Come here"we hug tightly "will you visit?" I ask "I'll try...this would be so much easier if you knew, try to remember" he backs away "I'll try" I smile. He goes back to the window "wait you can't—" he jumps down so simple like we aren't two story's high. I scoff and he runs off in the woods. I lay back down and end up falling asleep. (Next morning) I wake up so suddenly from my dream 'is Jacob a wolf? No, that's not possible. I need to see him'.