Chapter 12

Avery's POV
I wake up at 10, I only got 4 hours of sleep last night. I need to relax today after yesterday and I know just how to do it. I pull out my phone and text Luna and Mia 'hey, are you down to go to the beach?'. I head downstairs to eat "hey sleepyhead" dad said sitting on the couch watching baseball, drinking beer 'if you only knew'. "Why are you drinking this early?" I ask grabbing cereal "baseball game duh" he said like it was obvious."Where's Bella?"I ask "with her friends" I feel my phone buzz and look.It's Luna and Mia 'I'm down, when?' 'I'm down' they said. I sit in an armchair by dad and glance at him before an idea popped in my head. I text back 'in 30 minutes to an hour, Luna is your mom free?' "Hey dad, what you doin today?" I ask him. "Nothing planned" he said, Luna texted back 'she said she's free' my plans working so far. I text 'have her bring you guys then when you get here,let's set up my dad and your mom to hang out as we take the car'. I put my bowl in the sink "dad I'm gonna go to the beach with Luna and Mia in a bit" "ok,you know you girls are always going out nowadays,we should have a family day soon,just us 3 hanging out" he said. "Yeah soon ok?" I go up to my room, Luna texted back 'I like it, let's do it, be there in 40 minutes' I ended with 'k'. I changed into my bikini and put my clothes over it.

(30 minutes later) I've packed what I needed and hear them pull up

(30 minutes later) I've packed what I needed and hear them pull up. I grab my bag and go downstairs where dad has already let them in. Dad and Scarlett seem flustered and awkward around each other already, Luna has a smile and wide eyes looking at me knowing it's already working. "Hey dad we're gonna head to the beach now"I said "ok have fun" he said and Luna turned to her mom. "Mom we're taking the car so, your gonna have to stay here til we get back" Luna said "what? But I can't" Scarlett said. "Dad it's okay right? Let her stay" I said "I mean-I mean yeah,you can stay if you'd like" he said rubbing his neck shyly. "Oh ok then, you girls have fun, don't be out too late" Scarlett said "will do" Luna said "and you two don't have too much fun"I said as we walked out. As soon as the door closed we bursted out laughing"oh this plan is great,did you see them?"Mia said as we got in the car. (15 minutes later) we pulled into the beach and went to find a spot to put down the blanket. It was nice today so it was a little packed here, we found a spot and put our things down. We undressed to our swimsuits.

(Luna)

(Luna)

(Mia)

(Avery) "I gotta run to the bathroom real quick" Mia said and walked away, I looked to the right and saw Sam and the pack here, they were making their way over to us

(Avery)
"I gotta run to the bathroom real quick" Mia said and walked away, I looked to the right and saw Sam and the pack here, they were making their way over to us. "Lu, I'm gonna tell you. You remember when I said 'stay away from Embry and that "cult"" I speed talked, she nodded. "Well I was wrong about them, you don't gotta stay away now" I said "ok. Why'd you tell me now and not later?"She asked. "Because their coming this way and I didn't want you to freak"I said and right on cue the guys are here "hey Avery" they said. I turned around "hey guys, what a coincidence" I didn't recognize a girl with them "Avery this is Kim, my girlfriend" Jared said. I went speechless 'wasn't he flirting with me JUST yesterday?' "Hi" "hi" we shook hands. "Guys this is Luna. Luna this is Sam, Emily, Jared, Paul, Embry and now Kim" I said pointing at each person. Everyone shook her hand "where's Jake?" I ask "with Bella" Sam said hinting to me that he's looking after her. "Can we join you?"Emily asked "that's fine?" I hesitated looking at Luna "yeah, the more the merrier" she said. "I'll grab our stuff"Embry said and went back to get their stuff. Mia came back from the bathroom,I walk over to her before getting here to explain like I did Luna. She understood and we came over "guys this is Mia. Mia this is Sam, Emily, Jared, Paul, Kim and you know Embry. He went to get their stuff" they shook hands. "I wanna go in the water" Mia said "I'll join you" Kim said and they took off to the water. Embry returned and placed their stuff right next to us, they got comfortable and Luna layed down tanning.

(2 hours later) we've all hung out and got to know each other this whole time. It's insane how much Mia and Embry have avoided each other, going to the bathroom, getting food, going in the water and "getting something". I don't even think they're doing it on purpose. It's almost 1pm "well it's been fun but we should get going" I said and us 3 started packing. We put our clothes back on "it was nice meeting you guys" Sam said as they stood. "You too" they both said, I look at Mia and she finally looked at Embry. Embry stared back at her, 'what's happening?' We were all silent as they stared at each other. It was like..love at first sight but they've already met before so I'm confused. I look at Sam for anything, he motioned to the left telling us to go. I decided not to question "all right well, bye guys" I said and grabbed Mia as we left to the car. She got in the passenger, Luna in the drivers and me in the back, Luna drove and I sat forward between them. "What the hell was that?" I ask "I think my crush on Embry came back" she said a bit slow "no shit" Luna said.We were quiet back to my house,we pulled up and got out. I opened the door with my keys and we walked in, we see Scarlett fixing her shirt as she walked down the last 3 stairs on the staircase.She looked at us trying to act normal "heyy, I was in the bathroom" she pointed up the stairs. It was silent once again "why don't we get going girls?" Scarlett broke the silence and rushed out. "Scarlett where's my dad?" I ask as they were out the door "in his room" she said and I close the door as they left. I go upstairs to his room and open the door, he's reading a book laying under the covers "hey dad I'm home" I said a bit suspicious of him "hey sweetie, that great" he said. He sounded out of breath "ok" I walked out and went to my room. I waited 5 minutes til I called Luna and Mia "hey" they said "guys omg, I'm like 95% sure they had sex, I'm serious" I said. "no doubt" Mia said "for surrre" Luna said "my dads sounding out of breath and your mom fixing HER SHIRT from the bathroom?" I said in a questioning way. "They were so not subtle" Mia said "seriously" Luna said. My phone rings "guys I gotta go, someone's calling me" I said "ok bye" they said and hung up as I answered the phone. "Hello?" "It's Sam, can you come over?I'll explain what happened" he said "ok,I'll be there" I hung up. I called a taxi and went to Emily's, I arrived and knocked. Em let me in and I sat "what's going on? I need answers" I said, they were being awkward. Sam spoke "have you ever heard of..imprinting?".

Au: sorry I haven't posted in a while. No motivation but here it is. I guess you would call this chapter a "filler episode" for a show.