Christmas Special!

(Also serves as Chapter 26 and a little backstory!)

[3rd Person POV]

"Ah... it's cold again today..."

A 10-year old boy wandered the streets at a lonely night on December 24.

The boy shivered slightly as he huffed, the cold air being seen exit his mouth as it dissipated through the cold breeze that blew again.

He had not the mittens, nor the fluffy jacket, not even a scarf that he would value just as much as his own life.

Christmas is a holiday spent with family, whether it be small or large, as long as it's spent with the people that matter to a person the most, then that's what made it special.

Joining together at the table for a feast and celebration, and strengthening the bonds of the family while giving gifts and love  throughout the season.

The amount of people in the area with their families spoke that the spirit of Christmas was as strong as it always had been.

And yet, all this boy could do was watch.

The Spirit of Christmas was something foreign to him.

A mother's love, a father's guidance, a family... He wasn't fortunate enough to have experienced any of it.

That's why, during Christmas, this boy developed a habit of walking through the city during the Holidays, watching families spend it with their loved once, hoping that it would give him atleast an idea of what it felt.

All it gave him was a cold, and bitter feeling...

Staying under the snow and looking at the reddened hands that have gone numb due to the cold, clenching it to a fist before loosening it up as to see if the pair still work.

Why wasn't he left with anything? He wondered for who knows how much.

The only person he has is the one providing his food and shelter, and he hasn't even met them, not even once.

Is there even proof that he was made out of love, like all the shows on TV that he watched make it out to be?

Was his name supposed to even be his?

The boy could do nothing but look at the sky as his head questioned everything about himself and why he's even alive.

What was the point of even being here? He wondered, the question not being for his current activity.

Mittens were used to warm the hands, but a hand to hold would warm up both hands and a heart; the boy had decided to pocket both of his hands, receiving neither and closing himself from the world, for it wasn't the hands, or his neck, nor even the breeze that felt the coldest, it was his heart.

And as he had done in holidays before, he allowed himself to shed a single tear, as a reward for staying strong for another year.

He had not an idea of why he still wanted to persevere, perhaps, deep inside, he waited until the day that all of this would soon be worth it.

But today, he had lost all hope for what he was waiting for.

'I guess I should end it here...'
He thought, and once again, it was not for his current activity.

Pulling out the pair of hands from his pockets, he decided to feel the cold air once more, breathing in...and out... Letting the pain of the air in his nose as it also grew a hint of red.

A balcony, for a huge Christmas tree for a much larger event.

Only a few steps and he was already there.