Chapter 23

[3rd Person POV]

"Summer Vacation has ended, huh?"

Summer Vacation has been already over for awhile now, he only decided to go to school today.

Y/N adjusted the collar of his uniform whilst he sighed irritably.

His normal outfit was washed without him being informed, so he had nothing to wear but Shuuchi'in Academy's uniform.

(As always, the art I post isn't mine.)

"Nothing I can do about it now..."

Then, he started to walk to school.

The walk was quite boring, certainly not the greatest parts of his day, but atleast he can reminisce while he does.

His summer memories consists of his trips with Chika Fujiwara and Kei Shirogane, and of course, his goofing off with the rest of DICE.

There were some parts of it that he considered to be the highlights of his summer, which is something he deeply treasures.

When time seemed to stop when Fujiwara was acting like her usual self, yet something felt so different about it... everything was cut off, and he only saw and heard her...

And when he looked to Kei who was smiling gently as the night's breeze blew on her hair...the way he felt it illegal to do something, in fear of losing that precious smile of hers, not to mention, she had looked so beautiful that night...

All of these moments yielded the same reactions from Y/N...

His heart beating faster, his cheeks heating up, his attention focusing on them, and how neither of them ever wanted it to end, but that's what makes it all the more special.

The boy didn't know what to make of this...what does he really feel? Why is it suddenly so difficult to get ahold of his emotions, to try and understand them?

Y/N clenched his chest, wrinkling his uniform in the process, this feeling is quite foreign to him, considering that he's alone for most of his school life, he had only DICE back then, and he had been shown nothing but hatred by other people besides his “Organization”

Which is why he values his friendship with Chika and Kei highly, but no...what he's feeling isn't just “valuing their friendship”.

It's something else, something more...

For the first time in his life, Y/N lost control of his own feelings.

"What did you two do to me...?"
Y/N muttered in a flustered tone. This was something he had been asking to himself several times now, but he never reached an answer.

In an attempt to control himself,
Y/N began to lie...

...something he had always done to suppress his emotions, but never completely closing them off, now with these intense feelings, he had the hardest time in doing so, but for some reason...