💫 Chapter 13 💫

"I'm here"

"C..ca..cap..ta..in"

Yoongi and Jungkook ran towards the cell. They tried so hard to unlock the cell as much as they could. In a few minutes, they were able to unlock it.

Their eyes could not believe what they saw at the moment. No matter how strong their hearts were, their eyes filled with tears when they saw the suffering soldiers in front of them.

"I'm sorry" Yoongi mumbled weakly.

Jungkook grabbed his shoulder softly. But.. there was not enough time for them to worry about things. They had to get them out of here as soon as possible. One second of wasting is enough to get them all in danger again.

Yoongi and Jungkook hurried to get them out of there. Jimin, Minho and a few other soldiers joined them while few others guarding the outside.

But something was missing.. Jungkook rolled his eyes all around the cell ever since he got there. Where is Taehyung? He checked each and every soldier. He even examined victims who were badly injured and unconscious. But.. Taehyung was not there!

Jungkook felt like something sharp weapon stabbed in his heart. He felt such pain in his whole body. He fought with such a big risk but he did not find what he was looking for. He lost his last hope! He lost his last hope of seeing Taehyung for one more time!

Taehyung was not there but Jungkook's inner soul did not accept that damn truth.

"Hyung, Do you remember the boy who went to the refugee camp with you? Did you see him anywhere?"

Jungkook asked one of the soldiers while taking him away from the prison. He barely shaked his head saying no. Jungkook signed. He sighed deeply. What's now? Where can he find Taehyung now? From whom did he find out what had happened to him? His mind was a mess.

He couldn't find answers to any question that his mind was screaming at the moment. He was totally hopeless. He remembered his face. His teary eyes. He remembered the hopeful eyes he had, when Jungkook promised to come back to him. He trusted jungkook. Taehyung believed him.

But... Jungkook couldn't keep his promise on time. He was late. Too late at that time.

"Don't leave me alone here"

Taehyung's painful whimpers echoed jungkook's ears again and again giving him emotional heart attacks each and every second that has passed.

"I should not have left him there. It's all my fault"

That feeling of guilt tormented him a lot. He suffered so much from that feeling that he felt like he could no longer breathe properly.

They all were able to take victims out of the prison successfully. Then they need to get out of there as quickly as possible without being caught by anyone.

Captain Yoongi could understand the younger's miserable feeling at the moment. He also looked for Taehyung from the beginning. He also felt so down when he found out he wasn't at the prison. It was painful for him too. Because Taehyung was a charming and cheerful friend from the very beginning for him and Jimin as well. He knew Jimin was in pain too because they couldn't find Taehyung from anywhere at the prison.

But jungkook.. he knew younger was suffering than them at the moment. But Yoongi had no even one last hope. He had given up all hopes of Taehyung.

He has seen many lives lost in the war. For the world, Taehyung was just another one. He knew it very well.

"Kook, let's go. I think Taehyung is no more. H..he.. is no anymore! I don't think he's alive"

Those words.. those words were enough to gave a sudden attack on Lieutenant Jeon Jungkook's strong heart. He felt the pain of being stabbed once in a thousand knives.