💫 Chapter 42 💫

"If you leave me.. I'll follow you no matter what"

Namjoon caressed his back when Seokjin buried his face on the younger's chest.

"I'm so sorry jinnie"

"I know you have no option joon"

those cracked words made General Namjoon's heart crumble into pieces.

"I asked Jungkook to run away with him"

"It would make it worse jinnie"

"I know. I know I'm such a stupid joon"

Namjoon tightened his arms.

"I worry about jungkook. That kid.."

"will wait joon. He will wait. Taehyung has promised him to come back"

"if he survives.."

"Joon?"

Namjoon blinked fast, letting a deep sigh free from his lungs.

"Take him jinnie. We have to go"

Seokjin nodded nonchalantly, slowly retreating those arms.

Taehyung waited in his tiny room. Heart  pounding against his ribcage, almost ready to rip off anytime soon.

Jungkook's warm leather jacket was around him, it still smells like him.

Lavender.. Jungkook always smells like lavender. So calm. So heavenly.

Taehyung inhaled deep breaths, hands tightly clutched into his jacket. Seokjin watched him at the doorway, breaths hitched in Seokjin's throat when those swollen eyes match with him.

"Am I going now?"

Tears pulled out from Seokjin's eyes as he nodded towards the younger.

It was the last day Taehyung was supposed to be at the South Korean military camp. They were going to hand him over to his government.

He was going to go back to that hell. He will die. No doubt. Taehyung knew. It was crystal clear.

He knew when he promised Jungkook to come back. He knew he was lying to his jungkook again. He knew they would kill him the very first moment they saw him.

He could simply run away with jungkook. But he did not. He could not. They will kill him anyway. No matter how far he would run away, they would definitely find him.

Taehyung did not want to pull Jungkook into the hell he was. His life is more precious to Taehyung than his own life.

Taehyung would willingly go and hug his so-called death, wishing his jungkook would live a long life...

Taehyung looked back over his shoulder. The camp looked the same as the first day he came there. Nothing has changed at all.

Those trainees were marching on the ground. Soldiers were going here and there rushly. Even those trees, flowers were smiling at him like they knew him.

"We can't wait any longer"

breaths flicked in Taehyung's heart, those eyes roamed namjoon to Seokjin.

"Joon?" Seokjin pleaded.

"Where is jungkook?"

General Namjoon with few other soldiers were going to the North Korean border, to hand Taehyung over there, to take his prisoners back too.