Neighbors

First Person POV:

Last night when I went to bed, I didn't expect to be awoken at 5:00 in the morning by extremely cartoonish laughter.

It was coming from outside, muffled by the walls of my house, but the voice was still loud enough to be a nuisance.

Finally, after attempting to just ignore it, I got up and pulled on a bathrobe and my outdoor slippers, and walked out the door to see what was going on.

This morning, I also did not expect for the cartoonish laughter to come from a new and incredibly charismatic neighbor.

The loud skeleton was tall, (6'5") wearing red knee high boots, and white and yellow battle armor. He was also wearing a scarf that was frayed and burnt at the edges.

Once the enthused skeleton monster caught me staring, he shouted,"GREETINGS HUMAN NEIGHBOR! IT IS I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, CURRENT CAPTAIN OF THE ROYAL GUARD! AND THIS IS MY LAZY BROTHER SANS!"

He then reached into the moving truck behind him and pulled out a smaller skeleton (not as small as me, but still only a few inches taller.) "SANS! SAY HELLO TO OUR NEIGHBOR!"

The smaller, blue hoodie clad skeleton gave a lazy wave, "'sup."

"The sky." I answered automatically.

The small skeleton grinned, a sparkle of humor in his eye (socket?) and was about to say something when the taller skeleton threw him back into the truck and shouted at him about ruining his life with ridiculous puns.

"wow, the crowd's real stormy today."

The taller skeleton was now attempting to hide his grin with a glower, but it wasn't working.

Finally, my giggles caught the attention of the taller one and I took the opportunity to ask him to quiet down.

"No offense," I said, "But voices tend to carry on this street and most people aren't awake at this time, so could you," I gestured vaguely with my hands, "Maybe tone it down a notch?"

After receiving a flustered nod of assurance from him, I started to make my way back to my house when he called out to me.

"Umm, If You Don't Mind Human, Could We Get Your Name And Number?"

He was fidgeting with his gloves (Oven mitts?) as he spoke.

I assured him that I did want to trade numbers, then went on my way.

"Later neighbor!" I called over my shoulder.

I didn't wait for a response.