Part 3 - Three French Hens

Grinch POV

At last, the night had come. It was finally the twenty-fourth of December, Christmas Eve, when all the Who's would joyously celebrate the day to come. Not this year, he thought to himself. Not this year. The sheer thought of this made his blood pump with excitement as he carried Max outside and set him down. Both of them were already dressed for the occasion, wearing matching hats as they shuffled towards the sleigh. It was snowing that night, yet the lights from nearby Whoville were still visible. He shuddered, however, he was not cold, just disgruntled.

"Alright Max, stay still. I'm going to tie this onto you, and you're going to move this sleigh to Whoville, alright?"

"BARK BARK????? (WHAT THE FUCK?????)" Max exclaimed, but by then it was too late, the reins were tied to his little paws. The Grinch boarded the sleigh with his giant bag and commanded him to move.

And so he did.

Max also had a job as a UFC wrestler thirty years prior, he was ripped.

They made their descent down the mountain and to the town, trying to stay as silent as possible. The snow and ice helped them stay soundless the whole way to Whoville. At last, it was time they entered the first house, belonging to a young Who named Cindy Lou. He'd seen her around town on the few occasions he would leave his seclusion, he had seen her laugh and throw snowballs every Christmas; he despised her along with all the other Whos. He left Max at the sleigh, took out his bag, and opened the door steadily so it wouldn't creak.

Treading slowly through the door so as to not make any noise, he made his way into the living room. Looking around, he caught glimpses of sparkling tinsel and bells through the darkness. He smirked in the dark, stuffing everything in the house into his bag. Even the Who's beds, he slowly laid them back down on the ground while they snored softly. He took everything (except their clothes ya nasty) and left without a word, leaving the house bare. He would've taken the house too, but it would've been too much work for one night, he thought. Plus, he could always steal the houses next Christmas. Yes, there was always another year to go.

He moved on to the second house, then the third, then the fourth, so on. Finally, he made his way to the last house, a small house belonging to a Who named Stu Lou, a quaint woman in her fifties. He felt no guilt of stealing from her, however, and she was just another house on his list. He repeated the process of sneaking into the house, except this time, something was off. There was movement in the house when he walked in, slight but noticeable. Immediately he dived behind the couch, pulling his bag in with him, ready to attack if something more developed. Something behind the tree stirred, and he heard a shuffle, and then something that sounded like a cough. A human cough. Wait, a human cough?

He peeked over the sofa and past the tree and saw Stu Lou sleeping soundly with her cat close next to her. Then what was that cough? He was sure he heard it. Yet there it was, another shuffling noise. Did she have another pet? Perhaps, but it was very late, nobody was awake. He kept his eyes peeled wide open, ready for any more disturbances, adrenaline pumping through his veins and heart beating rapidly.

Finally, he saw it. A flash of red velvet.

He gasped. It was Santa, right here in Whoville. Unable to help himself, he let out a loud gasp due to the utter shock he was going through. Immediately, a figure materialized from behind the tree, a dark silhouette in front of him, dark eyes glowing from afar. The shadowy figure neared, curious to the source of this gasp. The Grinch slapped his hand over his mouth, trying to breathe as silently as possible; alas it was too late, the silhouette was getting larger and larger. He had been found, and at the last possible moment too. Inwardly groaning, he got ready for the repercussions.

"Who are you?"