Part 6 - Six Geese a-laying

Grinch POV

Twenty minutes later, after many Youtube tutorials, @santaluvrxoxo123sh1t (Idk if this is an actual acc) was born. He sighed in contentedness, before searching up what seemed to be his Instagram account from intense research, @santa (this one IS an actual account but they're inactive). Opening the account, he halted, eyes widening.

There, in the middle of his feed, was a thirst trap. Santa had made a thirst trap.

And holy fuck, was it amazing.

The picture in question was a selfie of him, wet hair, and collarbones out. He was gazing with dark, lidded eyes at the camera, a seductive look on his face.

All of it made him weak in the knees.

He pressed the follow button and scrolled through the rest of his feed. It was a standard account, exactly what you'd expect from Saint Nick. Except, the impact it had on the Grinch was profound. He was swooning like never before and laughing at all the cute captions. He said he didn't have a crush, but it was there, and it was prominent; denying it at this point would be like saying pineapple on pizza was good (it's not stop lying to yourselves).

Laying on the floor, he sighed to himself. Did he really have a crush? Was it just physical attraction? Was he gay? He tried to forget all these thoughts for the millionth time that day and went back to scrolling. That is, until he saw something that made him halt.

Santa had a wife.

How could he have overlooked this? He assumed everything on the websites he had searched was a myth, that it wasn't true. Yet, here she was, holding him by the waist and kissing him on the cheek, while Santa smiled lightly; posted on June 9th, XXXX.

He was devastated. Tears pricked at his eyes and threatened to fall out, yet no matter how hard he tried to hold them back, they let loose like a dam being broken. Getting up, he trudged his way to his bed, where Max was lying contentedly. Shoving him out, he pushed himself under his covers and moped to himself. He felt akin to a balloon recently popped, with no purpose in life. How had he gone this many years with no companionship, but felt utterly empty when any promise of love was denied to him? His tears came streaming out, and he wiped them with his sleeve. He pondered these thoughts, coming to a sound conclusion. Once he got a taste of love, he could never forget it, the sweet tang on his tongue, the effect it had on his body, nay, on himself.

Max had finally struggled back up to the bed, where he curled up next to the Grinch's face and stared up at him with wide eyes. To this, the Grinch's tears doubled as he sobbed and hugged Max.

"What does she have that I don't? What, Max, what do I need to do to get him to love me?" He wailed profusely as Max stared at him weirdly. His heartfelt as if it had been shattered into little pieces, he felt broken. Yet, he still couldn't stop himself from craving the man he had seen three days ago, the man who broke his heart.