Part 12 - Twelve Drummers Drumming

Grinch's POV

(a year after Santa's divorce just so you don't get confused!!)

It was Christmas once again, the Grinch's favorite day of the year. He was so excited to see Santa again, it was the highlight of his year, aside from all the notes he exchanged with him. They'd been seeing each other for many, many years at this point, their relationship had strengthened. The Grinch was sure he was in love with Santa, the only person he'd ever enjoyed being around. He didn't need to feel the same way, the Grinch was content with just being around him. Santa had impacted him in such a positive way, he had started to partake in holiday traditions such as decorating and listening to Christmas songs, even gift-giving; the Grinch would exchange presents with Santa. Max had also grown to love Santa, showering him with licks and happy tail wags whenever he came.

The thumps on the ceiling started at around 4 AM, and the Grinch (and Max) shot up, excited to see their companion once again. He fell through the chimney into the fireplace that since had a pillow installed to break Santa's fall. Santa stood up, a bit phased from the fall, but otherwise fine. The Grinch hugged his best friend, greeting him again.

"Hey, Santa," he mumbled, words muffled due to him talking into Santa's shoulder. He chuckled.

"Hey, Grinch." Santa giggled, hugging him back. The Grinch pulled away and gave Santa a worried look.

"Are you hungry? I know it's late, you've been working all night," The Grinch spoke quickly, not giving Santa a chance to interject. "Good heavens, you must be starving, let me get you some food!"

"Yeah, sure. Although there's no need to worry about it so much, I'm fine!" Both of them laughed lightly and made their way to the kitchen. They walked slowly, talking animatedly and enthusiastically with each other and giggling. Suddenly, Santa halted in his steps. The Grinch glanced at him and stopped as well, wondering what the matter was. Santa was the first to speak up.

"Look," he breathed out, looking overhead. This caused the Grinch to peek up as well.

"Mistletoe."

This made the Grinch pause right in his tracks, speechless once again. He turned to glimpse at Santa, already looking back. He gulped.

"You better watch out, or I'll kiss you." This newfound confidence coursed through the Grinch, as he gazed at Santa with lidded eyes.

"You don't need to worry about that, I'm a ho ho hoe for you, love." Santa stared back seductively as he pressed his body up against the Grinch. The Grinch walked back until his back hit the wall in the doorway, heart pumping at a rapid speed. Santa could feel the Grinch's warm breath gently caressing his face, the room felt hotter.

And then, the gap between their lips closed.

They didn't know who moved in closer first, perhaps they both did. Their lips moved in sync with one another as Santa moved his hands around the Grinch's perfect body. The Grinch arched his back against the wall, gripping Santa's collar and throwing off his hat. Santa kissed him softly at first, but the Grinch wanted intensity, he wanted vigor. The Grinch pulled Santa even closer by his collar, as his world grew increasingly dizzy. He lost control of himself, moaning in his mouth.

Just as quickly as the kiss had started, it had ended.

Their lips pulled apart as they stared into each other's eyes with a newfound intensity neither of them knew they had. Santa was once again the first to break the silence.

"Remember that time you spray painted a dick," Santa breathed out, somewhat gruffly. "...and said, "fuck you?" The Grinch was taken aback by this sudden sentiment.

"...Yeah? The second Christmas, was it?"

"Well," Santa smirked with a cocky expression lacing his gaze. "I'd be willing to take you up on that offer if you so wished."

Safe to say, the Grinch pulled him close once more, their lips joining together in yet another fervent kiss.