Part 7 - Seven Swans a-swimming

Santa's POV

It had been a long night for Santa Claus, yet there were still places to go. He had hit around half of the globe, and his next spot was a small town called Whoville. He had recalled the name slightly from all his years of trapezing the globe delivering presents, but he didn't recall anything special about it. Today was his longest workday of the entire year, Christmas Day, and he loved his job. He especially loved the way children would light up at seeing their presents, and how they would leave cookies with milk out for him to snack on during his journey. His reindeer slowly started their descent to Whoville, and he got ready to deliver presents once again, sighing at the exhaustion he had to endure for this trip.

He delivered presents to every house, only one left. He climbed down the chimney with two presents; one for the lady living there, a nice lady named Stu Lou, and another for her cat, Pussy. He treaded quietly to make sure she did not wake and set the presents down under the tree when he heard a noise. It was very faint, very light, coming from the direction of the door, with a sofa next to it. Santa walked closer to the source of the noise, suspicious of what was lurking behind the couch. He heard another noise, louder this time, and heavy breaths; whatever was behind that couch wasn't subtle. So, he reached over and turned on the lights, and there, he saw a green, furry head.

"Who are you?" Santa inquired.

Then, the creature stood up, leaving Santa speechless.

He was a green being, taller than him by a few inches yet scrawny. His furry skin contrasted heavily with his pear-shaped body, and his small eyes and whiskers perfectly outlined his face. His stubby nose rested delicately above his long lips, and Santa's mind immediately thought about what those lips could do. He was a gorgeous creature indeed, yet for some reason, he was wearing a crimson velvet suit along with a matching hat. Why was he wearing clothes that look like mine? He thought, astounded at how attractive this person was. His long, spindly fingers trembled as he made eye contact with him, and this made his heart stutter slightly.

"Who are YOU?" The person responded, halting Santa in his thoughts. His high-pitched yet sultry voice made him shudder, even if he wasn't a fan of his attitude.

"I am Santa, the bringer of everything happy and joyful to this world today. Who are you, tall green man?" Santa asked, growing suspicious. He didn't recognize the creature, he was never on either his naughty or his nice list.

"Um... I- I-.. I'm the Grinch..." He stated, eyes darting down as he played with his fingers nervously. Santa wondered, for a moment, what he'd need to be nervous for; so he looked over his tall, lanky shoulder to view a large bag stuffed to the brim, presents peeking out of the top. That's when it hit him. Gasping, he opened his mouth and closed it once again like a fish gasping for air.

"Are you stealing these people's things?" Santa let out, infuriated, seeing the Grinch gulp.

"Y-Yes, yes I am. What are you going to do about it, Saint Nick? Don't you have other houses to go to? Are you going to leave all those other kids presentless? Hm?"

This made Santa falter, wondering how the logistics of that would work. One small town couldn't take up all his time, could it? Hell, he still had to deliver presents to half of the world, he couldn't spend the rest of the night tussling with this creature, as much as he may want to.

Wait, he thought to himself. Why was he feeling this way? He was married for goodness sake, to a wife whom he loved with all his heart. He'd been in love with her for as long as he could remember, which to be fair wasn't much of his life. He'd been married to her for more than a thousand years, but his memory betrayed him. Yet, he couldn't stop his yearning for the Grinch, be it only physical. He let out a sigh.

"I'll let it slide, just this once. I hope you know the gravity of what you've done, and I hope you've learned your consequences." He finally said, hating to have to resort to this.

"Well well well, it seems to me that you're corrupt, Nicholas!" The Grinch exclaimed, smirking. "How does it feel, betraying your morals in that way?"

Santa was not having any of it.

"I won't be arguing about this any longer, put their stuff back. I can't stop you, but I hope you find it within the good of your heart to be nice. Or would you prefer being on the naughty list?"

"Fuck you, Claus! Just try and stop me." Oh, his tone made Santa wanna scream (not in that way get your mind out of the gutter). He fought the urge to stick his tongue into his cheek and tried to speak maturely.

"I don't need to, you'll realize for yourself." He sighed, put down a present, and exited through the chimney, continuing to go about his business.