Chapter 5

Remember, I don't own anything!

Harry pov

I was so excited. We were headed to Diagon Alley to buy all my school supplies. Mom had explained that I was rather famous in the wizarding world, so I had to lay rather low. That didn't mean that I couldn't have a good time though.

Dad waved a wand, making the fireplace larger. My jaw dropped. I could learn how to do that. Definitely the best thing ever.

"Ok, first you take a handful of this powder. Then you throw it down while you say the destination." Mom then demonstrated. She disappeared in green flames. I was a little taken aback by that.

"I will go with you this time. So don't worry, just hang on." Dad smiled. Together we stepped into the fireplace. I held Dad's hand as he said our destination. At first I saw green flames. Then there was this weird sensation. Next thing I knew, we stepped out of a different fireplace.

"What was that?" I asked.

"That, was the floo network. It connects fireplaces together for travel using floo powder." Mom said. She then tapped a few bricks on the wall in front of us with her wand. The bricks rearranged into an archway. On the other side was a narrow street lined with shops filled with all sorts of things. People were crowded together, most likely families like us doing school shopping.

"First stop, Gringotts. We need some wizard money." Mom started off into the crowd. Dad dragged me along, making sure that I wouldn't get lost. I saw a shop filled with pets, some bookstores, and a broomstick shop. According to one kid ogling the latest model, they were flying broomsticks. Then they came to a marble building that had to be a bank of some sort.

"Hagrid?" I turned to see Mom approach this very large man with a tangled beard and a large coat that had many pockets. He appeared to be half giant.

"Annabeth Jackson? Is that you? What're you doin' here?" he asked in a gruff voice.

"Just buying stuff for Harry's first year, and we could ask you the same thing." Dad answered. Hagrid looked at me.

"Is it really his first year? I haven't seen ya since you was a baby. I have business to do at Gringotts, somethin' that Dumbledor asked."

"We were just about to head in. Why don't you join us?" Mom asked. Hagrid nodded. Our group entered the bronze doors. There was another set of doors, silver this time. Words were engraved on this set.

Enter, stranger, but take heed

Of what awaits the sin of greed,

For those who take, but do not earn,

Must pay most dearly in their turn.

So if you seek beneath our floors

A treasure that was never yours,

Thief, you have been warned, beware

Of finding more than treasure there.

"Yeah, you don't want to rob this place. The goblins who run it are extremely stingy." Dad said. I nodded, gulping. Guess that Cousin Hermes is likely the only one who could do it, but I was not about to join him in it. That would be suicide. Going through the doors, I saw a long hall with goblins working. We approached one at a desk.

"Hello, we wish to make a withdrawal." Mom said. The goblin looked up, his eyes slightly widened. He must recognize Mom and Dad as who they really are.

"Which vaults would we be visiting?" he asked rather politely.

"Vault 687," Dad handed the goblin a key, "the Olympia family vault, and whichever one he is going to." Hagrid handed the goblin a note. He scanned it before answering, "very well."

The next thing I knew, we were on this cart heading down underground. I figured that the goblins were under Uncle Hades as the God of Riches. It certainly sounded and looked like it. The cart was moving at fast speeds. It was like the roller coasters that I liked. Hagrid apparently didn't like it. He was looking a little green. The first one was vault 687. It was the one that belonged to me, as I was the only living Potter. Our goblin guide, who was named Griphook, took the key and opened the vault.

There were huge piles of gold, silver, and bronze coins. I was rich. I was dumbfounded. Griphook gave me a bag to fill with money. I took a couple of handfuls of each type of coin. Then I walked out of the vault.

The next vault was the one Hagrid wanted. Vault 713. Mom and Dad shared a look. They were most likely having a mental conversation. The goblin opened it to reveal a small parcel in the middle of the vault. Hagrid scooped it up, promptly putting it in one of his many pockets. I knew better than to ask about secrets. Something some family members still couldn't get after thousands of years.

This time, the cart went deep. Deeper than some of the oldest vaults that Hagrid knew of. We came to a stop at this one vault. Instead of a number, it had an 𝛀. The double doors were made of celestial bronze. Dad put his hand to the doors. They glowed slightly, then swung open. Inside were 15 other doors. Each one was made of a different material. Mom and Dad walked to the simple one made of steel with a celestial bronze 15 embedded in it. There were runes on the side. Most likely keeping Cousin Hermes out.

Dad whispered something. The door opened. It was most likely in Ancient Greek. I could not see what was in there, but Dad and Mom both grabbed up a few things. That was all we had with Gringotts. So, we left to get on with what we needed to do. Shopping for school supplies.

Mom went into the bookstore to get all the books that I would need for my classes. Even the one for her class. No doubt I am supposed to study before school starts. Dad helped me get other supplies, like my school robes. Then there was the one thing I looked forward to. Getting my wand.

"This is Olivanders, makers of the best wands in Britain." Mom said. I entered the rather cramped shop. The front had a desk that had dozens of parchment sheets strewn on it. Behind the desk were rows and rows of shelves.

"Hello?" I asked nervously. An old man on a rolling ladder came into view. It kind of startled me. He gave a smile that although must have been well meant, was creepy. His pale eyes stared down at me.

"I wondered when I would be seeing you, Mr. Potter." His dry voice sent shivers down my back.

"Mr. Olivander, it has been a while." My dad did not seem unnerved. Mr. Olivander turned to Dad, almost gasping in shock, "Mr. Jackson, what brings you and your wife to my humble shop?"

"Well, as Harry's adoptive parents, by the will of the Potters mind you, we are shopping for supplies. Also, Harry goes by Potter-Jackson for your information." Mom informed him.

"Ah, so it seems. Am I to assume that a normal wand would not work? Has he been fully accepted into the Olympia line?"

"Only in name. However, he is under the classification of blessed mortal, as he holds the blessings of both me and my husband." Olivander nodded, stepping off the ladder. He rooted through a drawer in the desk. Pulling out a slip of parchment, both Olivander and my parents looked it over. The next thing I knew, I was given wand after wand. Testing to see if any would take me. None of them would. Then the old man went to the back. When he came back, he handed me yet another wand. This time there was this golden light that appeared once it was in my hand.

"Holly and Phoenix feather. Curious."

"Excuse me, but what's curious?" I asked him.

"I remember every wand ever sold Mr. Potter-Jackson. It so happens that the Phoenix, who's tail feather resides in your wand, gave another feather. Just one other. It is curious that you would receive this wand, even though it is blessed by Hecate herself, when it's brother, gave you that scar." My eyes widened, "And who was it that owned that wand?" Olivander looked away.

"Harry, wizards and witches do not like to say his name. He did many great and terrible things, and is responsible for many murders and deaths." Dad put his hand on my shoulder. I just stared at the wand that had chosen me as it's master.

Well, hope you are happy with 1453 words. This honestly took a while. Enjoy!

-Museo7