Chapter 6

Harry pov

September 1st had arrived. Dad had slept in, so we had to apparate to Kings Cross to board the train. Mom led us to the secret entrance to platform 9 ¾. We simply had to walk straight into the wall between platforms 9 and 10. Seems easy enough.

"Every year, packed with muggles. Come on, the platform's this way." A rather plump red-headed witch herded what looked like her five children. Four boys and one girl. All had red hair and freckles.

They quickly went through the wall in turns. Then Dad helped steer my cart through the wall. On the other side, I stared in shock at the archway we apparently went through. Mom followed close behind. The Hogwarts express was a scarlet steam engine. It looked impressive.

As we boarded, someone called Mom's name. Turning around, we spotted the witch from earlier.

"Molly Weasley! It has been years. How is your family?"

"Oh, we're doing fine, lots to do around the house. My youngest son, Ronald, is starting his first year."

"That is exciting. You know Harry starts this year as well. You know, James and Lily's son that we adopted?"

"Yes, I remember. Hello Harry. It is nice to meet you." Mrs. Weasley shook my hand. The whistle blew, loud and long.

"Well, I better not keep you waiting. Goodbye!"

Soon the train was underway. Chugging along the countryside. I sat in a compartment with my parents. The door opened, a familiar redhead poked his head in.

"Can I sit here? Everywhere else is full."

"Not at all," I said as my parents nodded. The boy came into the compartment, sitting next to me.

"My name's Ron. Ron Weasley." I heard Dad give a small snort. I won't deny that the introduction was very close to that of James Bond.

"I'm Harry Potter-Jackson, these are my parents." He stared at me wide-eyed.

"Harry Potter, as in... do you have the..."

"The what?"

"Scar." Oh. I pulled my hair back to show the lightning shaped scar on my forehead. It was weird having people gawk at it.

"And, um, it's Potter-Jackson. These are my adoptive parents, Percy and Annabeth Jackson."

"It would be Professors Jackson while in class though." Gee, Mom. We get it. Ron just mimed a speechless fish for a couple seconds. Eventually he shook hands with them. We chatted about things, like what Hogwarts would be like, more on the Weasleys, how they were doing. Stuff like that. The sweet trolly came, which led to a bunch of sweets from the wizarding world. Then Ron pulled out his wand to try some magic. Before he could the door opened.

"Has anyone seen a toad?" A girl with bushy brown hair asked, "a boy named Neville lost one."

"No, but," Mom stood in the hallway, waving her wand, "Accio Neville's toad." A toad came flying at her. Catching it gently she handed the creature to a boy, who was most likely Neville.

"Now, try not to lose your toad at school." Mom came back to sit next to Dad. The girl looked a little stunned. Then she asked, "are you two professors?" My dad smiles, "you just have to wait and see." Mom elbowed him hard in the ribs, most likely using divine strength as Dad actually flinched. Instead of the usual faking in public. Ouch.

"Well, I'm Hermione Granger, and you are?"

"Harry Potter-Jackson," I said, emphasizing the Jackson part of my name. Her eyes went wide.