Second Year: Chapter 1

Disclaimer. Plots mine, characters are not.
Harry pov
The summer had flown by. I loved finally visiting the camps. My parents claimed me on my 12th birthday as their son. Everyone knew it was through adoption though. I got some gifts, my favorite was the owl Athena gave me. A snowy owl that I call Sofos. Over the course of the summer I had gotten a few calls from Hermione, all of which I had to take outside the camp for safety reasons. Hermione understood it as no phone calls inside the facility I was in. Ron tried calling a few times, it was a new experience for him. He honestly thought he had to yell to be heard. I tried my best to set him straight. It worked somewhat.
We got home only a couple weeks before school started. The shopping was a little crazy, but not too bad. Of course, Mom insisted on getting proper 2nd year defense books.
"Gilderoy Lockhart is a fraud of epic proportions. He steals the achievements of others as his own, and he erases their memories to make sure no one finds out. He doesn't even look that handsome! It's artificial!" I had a sinking feeling that Lockhart was the new professor. According to Ron, I was glad to have missed the day that he was signing his so-called books. I had gotten my presents from my wizarding friends after said shopping. Ron had sent some wizard candy. They had some magical effects. Hermione had sent a fantasy book, knowing that I preferred that genre during  downtime. It was even a book that I hadn't read yet.
Dad woke up on time this year. We made our way to the train station to meet up with the Grangers and the Weasleys. The red headed family was running a little late. Dad went through the barrier first, with the Grangers following, and then most of the Weasleys. Ron and I tried to cross at the same time, but the barrier was shut. That hurt, as we had crashed. Mom helped us up, scolding us for not looking where we were going so the people wouldn't get suspicious. Then an elf-like creature popped out of nowhere, saying, "the Great Harry Potter should not go to school, it's not safe." He then disappeared. I looked at Mom feeling a little annoyed. If it was dangerous at the school, then shouldn't everyone have been told not to go? That made little sense. Also, 'Great Harry Potter'? Really? Mom had a slight far away look on her face. She then told us to follow her outside.
The next thing we knew, we were driving out of the city.
Annabeth pov
When that house elf disappeared, I was beyond annoyed. Then I got a crazy idea.
"Percy, a house elf has blocked the barrier. We will get to the school another way."
"Okay, I got damage control. I'll see you later." I told the two boys to follow me. I led them out to the car that us Jackson's drove and packed their stuff up. Quickly as I could, I got us out of the city and into the country. Using a bit of magic and minimal effort, I made our car into a flying, invisible car. The boys were a little shocked, especially Harry. He had never seen me do anything like this. Then again Ron was with us, so I had to be a little unconventional.
"I thought only Dad would make a flying car," Ron said. Harry then had a look of realization on his face. I shook my head, stepping on the gas to fly much faster than what a normal wizard would have thought was possible. Muggles already do such speeds when they need to. As they were children, they didn't question it. I was thankful for that. It only took three hours before we were at Hogsmeade. I found the property that belonged to the Olympia family and parked there. It was rare that anyone actually saw it, but that was fine. Paranoia is the one thing that the Wizarding world has down.
I got my wand out and sent a Patronus to Albus to meet us at the front gate. Then I led the boys through the village to Hogwarts with their luggage shrunk down. Albus had done us one better than just meeting us to let us through. He was waiting next to a carriage pulled by two thestrals.
"I was surprised to receive your patronus. What happened at the station?"
"A house elf stopped up the barrier. I don't know if he was ordered or not, but he claimed that Harry shouldn't come to school. That it wasn't safe. I simply drove here." I answered.
"In an invisible flying car, that is faster than the train!" Ron looked flabbergasted. I took a deep breath and sighed. Harry simply face palmed. It was sometimes hard to believe that Ron was one of his friends. Unless you saw them in the common room. Percy is his dad after all. Albus simply nodded, "yes, well, Professor Jackson isn't the Muggle studies professor for nothing. How about we get you situated and have you come down to the feast."
"That is an excellent idea, Albus. Now can I discuss getting computers for muggle studies? It would be easier with hands-on learners." The boys ran off as soon as I started talking about school stuff.
"I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen this year." Albus nodded along, as we walked into the castle.

Sorry about the long wait. There were a couple delays. Life likes to throw curve balls at you. This chapter may seem a bit choppy. Honestly, it is, but I like it. I will try to update a bit more. I have less free time to write, so it will be a while before I get the next chapter published. Hopefully it won't be as long as this one took. Stay positive!
-Museo7