Part 6

That night was terrifying.

My mind was fully of blank spots and it was making me so angry.

No one knew how I had survived, or how I'd got there, but the entire school was taking about it.

We walked by a group of witches whispering to each other, and Lizzie caught one of them saying some not nice things...

"Did you know she's crazy? Just like her mother." Lizzie started yelling at her. She lost it completely on the witch who had said that.

My mother? I wondered. I've heard 'crazy like my father' before, but never my mother.

"That's weird." I started talking to Hope at Lunch. Hope was confused. "Crazy like our mother? Ive never heard that one before." I poked at my peas.

I decided to go ask Caroline what that was all about.

I walked over to her office, and she was talking to someone. But it wasn't a normal conversation. They were both on edge, and looked as if they could snap at any moment.

"You will not see her. I have been given direct orders from Klaus to not let you anywhere near this school." Caroline glanced out the door to where I was standing. But I moved in time so she couldn't see me.

"Darling, i suggest you let me see my child before I take those pretty little blue eyes of yours and feed them to you." The person said.

It was another woman.

We're they talking about me?

"You are a danger. And if you don't leave I will call campus security." Caroline picked up the phone on her desk.

"You think I'm scared of you? I could tear you limb from limb without even flinching. And we both know I would."

The woman started to get angry.

Their voices turned to shouting, and the last thing I heard was Caroline gasping in pain, and a swoosh going past me.

I ran into the office to check and see if she was okay.

She had been stabbed with a wooden steak, dangerously close to the heart.

I quickly pulled it out, and helped her up.

"What was that all about?" I sat down in the chair across from her, and she pinched the skin between her eyes.

"Nothing, don't worry about it." She smiled and started writing on a piece of paper.

"What did you need?" She said, not looking up at me.

"I actually just had some questions, about the Massacre the night I turned." I spun the ring on my finger. It had lavender flowers etched in the metal. I couldn't remember where I got it, only that I've had it as long as I can remember.

"Don't worry about that, it's not your problem." Caroline continued to write.

"Why is everyone saying I'm crazy." I finally asked the question. Regretting it instantly.

"Well Isabelle, you know your father-" Caroline started. "Their saying I'm crazy like my mother." As soon as the words left my lips, Caroline's eyes grew larger.

"I'm not sure how they found out about that, but it's really none of your concern." Caroline's breathing increased its pace.

She was lying to me.

"Tell me why." I insisted "Isabelle it's really-"

"Caroline. If this has to do with the massacre, I need to know. I cant keep feeling guilty if I really didn't do it."

I looked at her face. She looked scared.

"Your father swore me to secrecy, if you want information, ask him." And with that, she grabbed her things and left.

Damn. Nothing.

I guess I would have to do the last thing I could.

Call my dad.

Hope sat with me, and I began to dial the numbers.

"Mikaelson resistance." Elijah picked up the phone.

"Hey, uncle Elijah, can you pass the phone to dad please?" I said, growing more and more anxious.

"Hello?" My fathers voice rang through the phone.

"Hi, dad?"  "Isabelle! Hello darling. How have you been?" He sounded a bit nervous as well.

"Good, good, I just had a few questions. That I think you can give me the answers to." I twirled my ring, embroidered with Lavenders, and I asked. "Is there something you're not telling me? About mum?" The phone was silent. I knew something was up at that moment.

"What do you know?" He finally asked. I could hear Hayley and Rebekah arguing in the background.

"I know that something is up. And it has to do with mom." And that was the truth. That is as much as I knew.

"This isn't really something I'd like to talk about over the phone darling." Rebekah took the phone from him.

"Sweetheart, we'll be there in an hour." Rebekah hung up.

I had no idea how they would get here from New Orleans in an hour, but I guess I would finally get to know what they've been hiding.

Being a Mikaelson comes with the burden of secrets, and shame and guilt, but through it all we are family. And I deserve to know where their loyalties lie.

Rebekah kept her word, and Her, Klaus, Elijah, Freya and Hayley arrived within the hour.

They guided me to a closed off room, the walls were lined with books, and it was quite a small space.

"Love, I really didn't want to keep this from you, but we had to. For your safety." My father twiddled his thumbs and Elijah checked his watch nervously.

"Let me tell you a story....." my father began.

"Long ago, our family was on the run from the evil vampire Mikael. And we arrived in a village, and I met a girl there. At the time I didn't know it was possible. But when your mother. Er um, Hayley, was pregnant with Hope, nature had to find a balance. The Tribrids. But, they had to use someone I had loathed. Just because it's funny how nature works, and you were created from me, and another woman. A vampire, from my past. You are her blood. As you are mine."

My father looked ashamed. It wasn't his fault that nature had to find a balance. I'm not sure why he was being like that.

"The massacre the other night. That was your biological mother. Sending us a warning. She wants you back Isabelle. But I can't allow that."

Hayley stayed silent. Until finally she broke her silence.

"This does not mean I love you any less." She walked over to me.

I finally understood now. I know why Elijah and Hayley were always more distant from me. It's because I wasn't Hayley's blood. And Elijah Resented his brother for having me. The bastard child who they never wanted to be born.

"What was her name." I finally asked.

My father paused and stared at my Aunt and Uncle.

"Aurora De Martel."

HEY GUYS!! SORRY IK IVE BEEN PRETTY INACTIVE RECENTLY, I DONT HAVE A REASON TBH I JUST DIDNT FEEL LIKE WRITING. BUT LEMME KNOW IF YALL LIKE THIS STORYLINE BC I CAN ALWAYS CHANGE IT UP IF YOU GUYS WANT :) MERRY CHRISTMAS