→CHAPTER ONE←

"Talking"

'Telepathically speaking'

Arceo's thoughts

"Their names will be Arjen, Arien...and Arceo..."

That was our first memory of him...

Was it on a momentary whim? Instead of breaking our necks, he granted us names.

A voice as cold as ice, and gold, blonde hair as bright as the sun...That was 5 years ago.

"...And now, it's our fifth birthday," Arien muttered under her breath, looking out of the window in the room they were cooped up in.

"What's the point?" Rustles came from the blanket to reveal her two siblings. "Arjen, Arceo." Arien greeted.

"Nobody would even care. It'll only be us celebrating..." Arceo grumbled, still feeling sleepy.

"Hm...that's true." Arien sighed out.

I am Areco Echilibru Yuriana, the second "princess" of Yuriana Empire. I have two siblings, Arien Beatrice Yuriana, the first princess, and Arjen Ysilven Yuriana the fourth prince; we are what you would call triplets, I am the youngest of us three.

Though, I guess we have other siblings that we have yet to meet.

We were born as the son and daughters of the emperor.

"Are you two going back to sleep on our fifth birthday?" Arien asked, standing in front of the window.

"Mmph..." a tired reply came out of Arjen, snuggling into his pillow.

"Happy birthday!..." Arceo tiredly congratulated, both her siblings, struggling to keep their eyes open.

"You too Arcy." Arien fondly smiled, while Arjen hummed back the same thing.

"Wouldn't today be our 23rd birthday, to be precise?" Arien asked as she opened the window to let the wind and sunlight in.

"...Aren't you going to subtract our past lives?" Questioned Arjen, wanting to separate his past and present life.

"Isn't our mental age 23 by now...?" Arceo mumbled loud enough to be heard by her two siblings as her head was buried in their pillow, shielding their eyes from the burning sun. Arjen vigorously shook his head at Arceo's question.

"Haa...Fine. Let's just count today as our fifth birthday." Arien concluded as Arceo replied with a hum, tempted for sleep to take over again, while Arjen replied with an "Alright."

You see... Arien, Arjen, and I died at the age of 18. Coincidently, we were all Korean. 

When we opened our eyes, we were born as the emperor's children and as triplets. Though Arien and Arjen were already twins in their past life...which sometimes makes me feel like I'm intruding on something I wasn't meant to...

"I'm sleepy...we can just go out after lunch..." Arjen complained, wrapped in his blanket. 

"Ah..." Arien hesitated, so Arceo went and helped relay the sentence to Arjen. "Rurahel left, so we might not be able to eat lunch today..." To which made Arjen shoot up from his sleeping position.

"We starved for dinner last night and breakfast today as well..." Arjen grumbled, annoyed with the situation.

"...what can we do?" Arien asked, flopping down next to Arceo before continuing, "I want to eat chocolate cake." Followed by Arjen saying, "E-...éclair."