→CHAPTER THREE←

"Talking"

'Telepathically speaking'

Arceo's thoughts

Who would've known that Rurahel would die like that...

One night had passed and Rurahel's body was still there. All of us had trouble sleeping that night

I mean, I was ready for anything. But that image really made me nauseous. Arceo staggered as they stepped out of the washroom.

Before they went back to their room, they went to where they kept medicines and quickly took the right ointments for Arien and Arjen, who were still in bed when they left.

When they got back, Arien was curled up on the bed, trembling. Arjen was awake, trying to calm Arien.

"I...sorry you two had to see that." Arceo apologized as they close the door, referring to the dead body outside. They walked to the bed and sat close to Arien and Arjen.

"It's fine Arcy. You protected us again...thank you." Arien said, both grateful and sad that Arceo always had to protect them.

"Idiot...you covered our eyes but you're trembling too." Arjen lightly scolded. "Even though we are supposed to be older..." He mumbled, under a whisper.

"Heh, is that so?" They didn't give Arjen a chance to reply as they brought out the ointments, "here. Use these, they should help with the dizziness." Arceo lightly bonks the top of their heads with the cans before placing them in their hands and heading over to close the curtains.

"Get some rest big sister. You too big brother." Arceo fondly said, knowing that being called those would lift their spirits up even just a little bit.

As Arceo got to the curtain, they were taken aback as a group of knights marched their way through the front garden.

"Shit... Arjen, Arien..." Arceo called out to the two siblings who were taking care of their dizziness with the ointments they were given.

"Hm?" Both of them hummed in question.

"Listen, I don't mean to alarm you, but there are 16 knights outside in gold armor," Arceo explained as calmly as they could.

Both of the older siblings' eyes widened as they got up from the bed and looked out the window. "Imperial palace's knights...!" Arjen mumbled audibly.

Gold is the imperial family's color, so there's no doubt that they sent the knights.

"Why are they here? Are they here to hold a funeral...?" Arien asked as she looked at them, perplexed.

"No. They just walked past Rurahel's body." Arceo answered.

"It seems that they have a different objective in mind. C'mon it's better if we hide..." Arjen suggested as he pulled Arien and Arceo to their usual hideout.

Bangs, Shouts, and whispers were heard as all three were hiding in the secret compartment, behind the painting.

Arjen and Arceo were on either side of Arien as she paled and started to breathe heavily.

'Are you okay, Arien?' Arjen asked telepathically, concern present on his face.

'I feel nauseous...' Arien answered, her head lowering.

'We should get you to rest as soon as this is finished.' Arceo strictly said.

"WHERE ARE THEIR ROYAL HIGHNESSES?!" One of the knights shouted, demanding an answer from the maids. The knights were now searching around the room they were in.