→CHAPTER TWO←

"Talking"

'Telepathically speaking'

Arceo's thoughts

Six years ago, Rurahel approached the Emperor and conceived us to rise the social ladder. She was a commoner that became the adopted daughter of a viscount.

She was both intelligent and beautiful, full of herself and bold enough to approach the emperor.

The emperor favored her for only one night.

If we hadn't had blonde hair, we probably would've been killed by him. The only thing I can recall of the emperor is him granting us our names.

All the money sent by the palace is used for that damned witch's luxurious lifestyle. There isn't enough money left for us, and when the maids realized that we've been abandoned, they started to neglected and abuse us as well.

Though, something doesn't add up...When I was sneaking around, I caught two maids gossiping. 

What intrigued me was what they said about the emperor. 

"Being very loyal to the late empress and cherishing her." They said.

 And now, the question is why the emperor had a one-night stand with Rurahel? Theories flooded Arceo's mind but were interrupted as she saw a silhouette of someone in her peripheral vision.

Arjen seemed to notice as well, they both quickly stood up. Arceo swiftly and safely pulls Arien along. "A-Arcy?-" Arien stuttered, her tone shocked as she was suddenly pulled up.

'Someone is here.' Arjen telepathically informed. Confuse noises was all the reply he got from Arien.

A tall male appeared in front of the three, making them put their guards up.

'Who is he?' and 'Who?' was all that the three were curious of at the moment.

The guy opened his mouth to speak, "Who are you guys?" The triplets stayed silent. "...If you don't answer, you will not be able to withstand what might happen to you." He warned as he glared at them. His purple eyes glowed, reminding them of a certain woman.

The triplets flinched. Such bloodlust. Dude chill, we are just 5-year-olds, what sort of mischief could we possibly make? 

And even if we are illegitimate, our hair would-... ... Arceo mentally facepalmed.

'Shit, our hair.' Arceo telepathically said to Arjen and Arien as she cursed. A 'huh?' was all that she got from her siblings.

'A high ranking noble would know that the distinctive trait of a royal is their blonde hair.' Arceo explained.

Tch... how could we escape this situation? Nothing good comes out of us, the abandoned royals catching the attention of nobles. Arceo clicked her tongue.

Arien and Arjen's eyes widened. 'High noble...he looks fancy. He's definitely not a regular person.' Arjen observed. 'We should act carefully. Figure out what he's going to do next.' Arien said telepathically to Arceo and Arjen.

The brown hair guy suddenly seemed shocked as he put up his hand to his face, covering the lower part of his face.

"ha...This-...I wasn't expecting..." The guy trailed off. Arceo narrowed her eyes at him, ready to protect her siblings if the guy were going to do anything to them.

Did he realize our hair color or did he realize we are literal toddlers? She  deadpanned at him despite the situation.

The brown hair guy darted his eyes at each triplet, stopping at Arceo; making her flinch. His eyes locked on hers as he mumbled under his breath, "your eyes..."