→CHAPTER FOUR←

"Talking"

'Telepathically speaking'

Arceo's thoughts

The sky outside was clear, filled with clouds as birds could be heard chirping outside.

Arien woke up as the last thing she saw in her dream was Arceo and Arjen's faces.

Arjen was griping her hand. As she turned around, she saw Arceo sitting up on the bed, a book in their hands.

"Are you awake now, Arien?" Arjen asked her.

Arceo who heard their brother turned their head to their sister. "Arjen! Arcy! Yesterday what-!" Arien shot up from the bed. As she was about to ask something, she looked around the room and her alarmed expression turned to one of confusion.

"Huh...?"

As she looked around, the room seemed to sparkle as it is decorated with shiny and fancy objects. "Where are we?" She asked the two people in the room.

As her gaze went back to her siblings, she noticed that there were bags under their eyes. "Arjen, Arcy, you both look very tired. Did you even sleep?" Arien asked, concern present in her voice.

"Heh, of course, we did. We just- um took turns, that's all." Arceo answered. It wasn't necessarily a lie, they both did sleep. Even if it was just for 2-3 hours.

"Why?" Arien questioned, curious as to why they took turns sleeping.

"We were scared the emperor would do something to us." Arjen blurted out, lowering his gaze.

I-sure let's go with that.

Arien seemed taken aback at the mention of the emperor. "What?! Then this place is-" Before she could finish her sentence, the doors to the room slammed open.

BANG!

Jesus is it a trend to slam doors now?! Arceo grumbled annoyed, their head already hurting.

Revealing five maids, their posture straight and in a 'v' formation like that of birds flying. The four at the back were carrying their assigned things, their heads politely bowed.

The one at the front had a different attire than the other four maids. Does she have a different rank than them? Arceo observed as they wanted to know what was going on, closing the book they were reading.

They marched in and halted in front of the triplets, lowering their heads a bit. Arceo already having seated beside their siblings, book on their lap.

"Greetings, your Royal Highnesses." The maid at the front greets, her eyes lowered to meet theirs. "I'm the head maid of Syviolla castle, Ishina is my name." She introduced

Lower your fucking head will ya? Even if we're illegitimate, we're still royals. Don't you know how to greet nobles? Arceo's eyes twitched as they cussed them out, already having a bad feeling about the new people.

Arceo glance at each maid with cold eyes, making it look like they were glaring at them before stopping at the head maid. The maids that made eye contact with them subtly flinched, taken aback.

"We will be serving your Imperial Highnesses from now on. We're at your service." Ishina finished, her hands being in front of her, serving as respect to those higher ranking than her.

Arien and Arjen had understandably confused expressions on their faces at what they were told. Arceo kept a bored face and scoffed. You're at our service? I somehow doubt that.