Windows

Dear you,

You know, up until last year, I didn't think too much about windows or the views outside of them. And then...a time came when the only glimpse of the world outside was through a window. That's when I realised...the more I looked out, the more I could see the inner workings of my heart.

When I zoom out, I think about the the number of times I have looked out of windows possibly the same time you've looked out of them. Okay, maybe all I could see was the building opposite mine and all you could see was the road ahead. Maybe these windows were buildings, lanes, cities, countries, even continents apart. Maybe mine was metal and mesh and yours was all glass. But for that brief moment, I had a window into your world and you had one into mine. Because let's face it. We were thinking of each other, weren't we?

What about all those bus, train and plane windows? Did you ever look out and actually catch a glimpse of my house? Or maybe that cafe I spend hours on end reading? Or maybe the street I walk on everyday? Without meaning to, did you open a window to a world of possibilities?

Today...today, I think of that one window. You know the one with a broad enough ledge where we will just sit together and drink tea. It'll be the window that will let in all kinds of conversations, confessions and quiet contemplation. It'll also probably be the one window where we'd simply ignore the view outside.

Until that window appears,

All my love,
Me