Of poems, tears and snow

5 years later

'Dazai-san, you look upset.'' Atsushi pointed out.

''I indeed am'' Dazai replied.

''The war'' Chuuya sighed.

The kids have changed a lot. Atsushi have grown in to a humble teenager who's willing to help anyone. Yokai or Human, he didn't care. Kyouka has learn how to knit so she provided cloths to the young kids in the orphanage. Chuuya also helped kids and elders who were the ones that experienced all the demerits of war. However Chuuya's mouth had to be washed with holy water for the amount of curses he spits daily at Dazai.

''Hey, Fox I wrote some poems'' Chuuya who wanted to distract them from war gave Dazai some papers dirtied with his bad handwriting.

Dazai took a glance at the poems and straightend. '' Chibi, you must learn how to keep that obstinate mouth of yours in control dear...plus this...'' Dazai looked at the poems in mocking disgust.

''What is it Dazai-san? Are they that bad?'' Atsushi pondered .

''His poems are quite famous here though...'' Kyouka looked at Chuuya.

''Yes Dazai- san, he even gets money by writing poems people ask. If war isn't here he could've make a lot of money from these'' said Atsushi. Though he is kind Atsushi is that person who always checked his wallet.

''Ummm May be...though not like anyone with a proper taste in literature would ever read your poems chibi. Humans have a tiny brain so they might find this beautiful, but for yokai standards...this is below average''

''This damn fox have to just shut up...'' Chuuya blurted.

Dazai rolled his eyes nonchalantly and looked at his sharp nails dramatically '' I won't visit you three if any of these mean comments reach my ears again.''

''Not like we miss you...'' Chuuya rolled his eyes.

Chuuya wondered why he uttered such words as the kitsune didn't showed up for days. Then months ...and then for a whole year. Then for years.

***********

In fact Dazai was mourning for the lost of someone he loved.

Under a Sakura tree near the river that separated the forest and the village a woman's figure stood. She was cladded in a beautiful floral kimono. Holding an umbrella in her hand she sighed as petals of sakura kept yearning to hug the ground. She was counting the petals that were touching the ground. One petal represented a yokai's life.

'' Too much petals are leaving the tree, if this continues... I might also...'' She didn't finished the sentence, instead she stared at a certain gravestone.

'' Ane-san!'' Dazai tried to talk but miserably failed because of the overflowing tears.

''Odasaku left us saving humans.''

''I don't get it...why do humans kill their own kind?'' Naomi asked from her brother.

'' I don't understand that either Naomi''

''This should come to an end'' Ranpo said in a hoarse voice.

''Let's rebuild the barrier'' he insisted looking at others.

''For the best'' Yosano agreed.

'' Yes we don't want to lose anyone either'' Tanizaki siblings also joined.

''Lad...what about you?'' Kouyo the woman asked from Dazai.

''I'm in Ane-san'' Dazai looked at Koyou who looked at him with concerned eyes. '' For the best''