Chapter 3: The Daycare Attendant

When they reached the daycare, Chris convinced Greg to find the security desk with the security batch in the playing area while he looks out for anything suspicious just in case. Greg goes into the slide and landed on the ball pit. He crawls around the ball pit when he spotted someone on the tower. It was the Daycare Attendant. He has orange hair representing the sun while rearing golden face paint and, and wearing yellow and orange clothing that represents a jester. He's also wearing a sun
-shaped head ring The Attendant spins around for a moment before diving into the ball pit Greg was in. Greg scattered around the pit thinking about where did he go until someone spooked him.

Sunrise: Helloooo! New friend! You're sure up late! Are we having a slumber party? Where are your friends?

Sunrise puts down Greg once they left the pit and he circles him.

Sunrise: We can finger paint, tell stories, drink Fizzy Faz until our heads explode, and stay all night! There's only one rule: keep the lights on. ON. On...

Greg was getting uncomfortable with the mascot when he was told about the rule.

Greg: This guy is creeping me out.

He then had an idea. He distract the mascot by knocking out some cushions that were stacked as Sunrise went panicked.

Sunrise: No, no, no, no! What a mess! Oh, which was the bottom? Where is the top? Clean up! Clean up!

Greg gets away from Sunrise when he found the desk area next to the wooden doorway. The attendant noticed where he was going.

Sunrise: New friend, this- this area is off-limits. You've gotta get us in trouble. Uh... Don't you want a puppet show? I have glitter glue! Do you like glitter glue? Googly eyes?

Greg didn't listen as he takes the security batch from the head of Freddy that has the security hat on it. Suddenly, the light went off mysteriously once Sunrise was on the top of the desk.

Sunrise: No- no! Why would you do that? Lights on! Lights on! I warned you- I WARNED YOU!

Sunrise was being dramatic for the moment before falling back from his position. Then, silence. Just then, a hand with blue gloves climbs on the desk and it reveals to be someone more sinister.

Moondrop: Naughty boy. Naughty boy.

The Daycare Attendant becomes dark and sensitive. He's wearing black makeup on the side of his face with his greyish strawberry blonde hair, wearing a blue nightcap and the same jester suit, but this time, it was white and blue with star patterns.

Moondrop: It's past your bedtime. You must be punished. Nighty-night.

Moondrop then jumps away out of Greg's sight.

Chris: Greg, I don't know what you did, but the lights are out in the Daycare! You need to find the emergency backup generators and turn them on. They're in the play structures.

Greg recharged his flashlight before heading into the playground structure where the generators are. He knew that Moondrop will eventually find him there. He managed to turn on the generators and the lights went back on and Moondrop disappeared from the place. Greg leaves the structure and was about to get into the exit door when he was hoisted up by Sunrise who was now pissed off by the rule Greg broke.

Sunrise: Rule-breaker! Rule-breaker! You are banned from the Daycare.

Sunrise then kicked Greg out while calling out for security.

Sunrise: Security alert! Security alert! Wooo! Woooo!

And then closes the door. Just then, Chris came out of nowhere startling Greg.

Chris: Greg, jump on! We need to get out of here now. They have found you!

Greg jumps on Chris and hid behind the coat before the rest finds him.

Chris: Go upstairs. And don't worry, they can't find you while we're together.

Both duos leave the area as the door closes behind them. As they exit, Chris starts to go uneasy and nauseous again as he puts down Greg.

Greg: Chris, are you okay?

Chris: I... Don't know.

Before Greg tries to help him, he senses that someone is coming. He grabs Chris' wrist and hid behind the platform. From their previous position, everything started to go static as something or someone skips past them. The figure was a shape of a feminine rabbit with red eyes, fabric fur skin, a blue ribbon, and a knife on her hand. Chris then looks aware of the figure when he saw the knife as Greg covers his mouth so he couldn't draw more attention. Once it's gone, Chris starts to speak.

Chris: What is that?

Greg: I don't know, but that's the person I've been talking about back in your room.

Chris: She doesn't look friendly to me.

Greg: She wasn't.

Chris was aware that the rabbit was part of a plan hired by someone he knows from the past but he decided to brush it off before taking off the run with Greg in his arms.