Chapter 4: Homelessness

Ness went uneasy as she starts to feel something funny in her mind as she stops in her area and only realize that she was called by someone.

Ness: Not again.

Ness went into her security office and went to her desk to find the same rabbit mask and a golden rabbit plush. Ness spoke to the plush in a hushed tone after she puts her mask on.

Ness: You called, Master?

That is when a holographic rabbit came into her point of view.

Will: You got the kid?

Ness: I'm working on it. Forgive me.

Will: Don't ever be. You had one job from me to set free. You must do as I say or else. Do you understand?

Ness: Yes... Yes...

Will: And you better not let him play those arcade machines, you hear me?

Ness: Yes Master...

The rabbit disappeared and Ness removes her mask before searching Greg again.

Greg: Good news? Five hours? I'm not gonna last five minutes!

Chris: Don't panic. If we get separated again, you can always call me on your Fazwatch and I'm able to reach you.

Greg was under Chris' coat again as they made their way into the main entrance.

Chris: We should get moving. You can access the main atrium with your new security batch.

They went to the elevator when Chris realized something.

Chris: Greg, I know that there are two possible exit points. The main loading dock is located under the food court on the first floor. There is also a fire escape on the third floor Price Counter. Here, I will mark both locations on your Faz Map.

Greg hops out of Chris' arms so he could check the Fazwatch to see the marked locations on the map. However, Greg has no Faz Map.

Chris: Oh, it appears that you have no Faz Map. You should be able to obtain one from the greeter on the center balcony.

The elevator door was opened at the other side and the two ventured to the other side when Greg was spooked by a nearby Map Bot.

Map Bot: Hi! Please take this map. Take a map.

Greg was hesitate before taking the map from the annoying bot before it leaves.

Greg: That bot scared the half out of me!

Chris: I didn't realize. I'm sorry.

Greg: It's not your fault.

The two ventured through the floor as they made their way towards El Chips where Chris mentioned that it was open. They were about to go in when Greg's stomach starts to growl.

Greg: Looks like I haven't eaten a while back.

Chris: We better get you something to eat there.

They both went in. Greg went to find a seat while Chris went to find something for them to eat. Chris finds some chips and a Freddy-themed orange juice to drink.

Chris: That's all I've got.

Greg: Thanks.

Chris and Greg are eating for a while until the bear-themed man spoke.

Chris: Uh, Greg?

Greg: Hmm?

Chris: How did you become homeless if I ask? It's okay if you don't want to.

Greg hesitated for a moment until he breathe and explained.

Greg: Well, you see, when I was like 5, I lost my parents in a car accident. I was the only one who survived. Afterward, I was sent to foster care and got adopted. However, my foster parents are kinda neglectful and alcoholics. That is by the chance that I had enough. I decided to run away from them and try to survive in the streets. It took a while to get used to it for months until I met you. I decided to get into the Pizzaplex for food and a little bit of fun. But, I think I picked the wrong night to do so.

Chris was stunned when hearing the child's story as he frowns.

Chris: I'm so sorry. I didn't know.

Greg: It's alright. I get used to it.

Chris places his hand on Greg's shoulder.

Chris: Greg, even when you tried, you always back down. So, I have a new mission right now. Protecting you.

Greg was shocked.

Chris: I am aware that the mascots aren't normal due to their recent behavior, so I will be with you so I could protect you.

Greg was stunned but he starts to cry before hugging him.

Greg: Thanks, Chris. For everything.

Chris: You're welcome, Superstar.

By the time they finished eating, they continue to explore.

Chris: I must warn you: when you are entering an area where you don't have a locator map signal, I'll be unable to reach your location. You can update your mini-map at a security office. Be safe.

Greg must avoid the bots without Chris until he reaches the East Arcade.

Chris: Well done, Greg. You are in the East Arcade. You should be able to get to the Price Counter through the security office. Look for the door with a security badge symbol on it.

Greg then went his way through the arcade to reach the office. Meanwhile, Roxy, on the other side, was pissed that he got away from her hands.

Roxy: Ugh! Why wouldn't the kid have our help? This is going to be very tricky to find him wandering around!