IV: Reunited

May 27, 2023

5:52 AM, Fukuoka Prefecture

Pekora's POV

"Argh..." Waking up and sitting on my bed, I saw Moona sitting on the railing of the balcony, humming while gazing at the sky.

"Hey Moona, get out of there! We're on the fourth floor of the hotel. You might fall down!" I yelled at her.

"Okay shachou," she's about to set her foot back on the floor when unexpectedly, her hand slipped from the railings...

She fell from the railings..

It was all too late when I tried to chase her...

Everything seemed like it was in slow motion as I saw her falling on the ground.

"Moona..."

This can't be happening right now. Not now...

Suddenly, a burst of light coming from her blinded my sights.

"MOONAA!!"

"Hey shachou what the hell?!" Moona started shaking my body.

I realized I'm still lying down on my bed. 

It's just a dream...

"Did you dream of your family again?" Moona asked worriedly while holding my shoulders.

"Uhh, yes," Not wanting to make her worry, I gave a redundant lie, which she easily bit.

Well, I'm getting more worried instead.

"Okay, I'm going to grab some coffee for you. Be right back," She went to the kitchen, leaving me alone, sitting in my bed.

What was that dream??

Left with a facepalm on myself, I decided to start to find something distracting to occupy my mind. And the first thing that took my attention was the guitar case where I hid my sword. Opening the case and holding the sword, I began checking its details that I probably missed. 

It's a longsword. Not commonly used in Japan since they always use katana. The word Righteous (正道) carved onto the upper part of the hilt was found when I examined it. That probably explained the sword's name. After unsheathing it, the text "Truth and Justice shall prevail at all costs" printed on the blade near the hilt made me think of its poeticness.

When I gave the sword a swing with a single hand, its lightweightness only made me hum in astonishment. That's different for a longsword, which is known to be a heavy sword. Regardless of that, I could still swing it with ease, like holding a light pillow filled with feathers. Well, I'm not that physically strong, but it felt weird...

"I'm back, shachou. Toying with a sword, eh?" Moona came back with a cup of coffee, leaning on the wall.

"No, uh... Well I'm just checking the sword. Checking for details in it," I sheathed it back and stood.

"Here's coffee for you," Moona gave the coffee to me.

"Thanks, Moona," I accepted it and took a sip.

Her latte never failed to impress me. I don't even like coffee, yet her style of blending the ingredients made me enjoy it every morning. It helped me cleanse the worries in my head. Ever since those trauma-induced nightmares always troubled my mind, she stepped up and worked hard just for me. Her latte was enough for me to forget that bad dream earlier.

"Yeah. It's just a dream..."

--

9:02 AM

"We're going up top through these stairways? Isn't that a bit high?" Moona asked, doubt heard from her tone.