XI: Learning Magic

August 21, 2023, A week after the Shootout

9:22 am, Fukuoka Prefecture

"Good morning, Botan," Moona greeted Botan who was sitting on the counter, sipping her energy drink.

"Morning," she continued chugging her drink until it became empty.

Looking at the closed door of the ramen shop, Moona asked, "You permanently closed this restaurant?"

"Yeah. Prices increased due to waging war." She responded. Suddenly, she noticed an odd looking book Moona was carrying.

"What's that?" Botan pointed at the book with a curious face.

"This?" She raised the book, "Something I bought from a shady mage."

"Why did you buy it? Do you have a disability?" Botan tilted her head.

Moona let out a deep sigh, "Yes. My IQ is too high."

Seeing Botan's stoic face, Moona closed her eyes and leaned on the counter, "Guess I'm telling you this story."

--

July 1, 2023

Walking through the narrow alleyway after buying some food for Pekora, who was hiding inside her apartment, Moona felt an odd feeling as she passed by a stall.

"People who use Emotion Energy attract people who can do the same. Am I right, Moona?" the woman sitting in her stall smirked. She had a white hair, a big violet hat on her head, and was wearing a violet outfit similar to a witch. The only thing hiding her identity was a white cloth hanging in front of her face.

Moona stepped back, only the walls of the building stopping her from moving any further, "How did you know my name?"

"I am preprogrammed with knowledge of everyone. Oh wait, preprogram sounds techy. I'm a mage, you see."

"State your name," Moona raised her hand, about to cast an ability.

"Calm down. I just want to sell this book," the shady mage showed a purple book, similar to a journal.

As Moona opened it, it was empty. There were no writings on it.

"An empty book?" Moona started toying with the book.

"You're mistaken. It is the Book of the All-Knowing Entity. If you want to learn a specific ability, the book will write itself to teach you on how to unlock it. Here. Let me give you an example," She held Moona's palm and poked the center of it.

"Wanting to teach a friend on how to use an Eternal Domain, eh?" Moona widened her eyes from what she said.

"Now look at the book," As Moona opened the book, some abilities were already written, including what it does and how to unlock it.

"You're an interesting person. No. You're an interesting vessel," The mage murmured.

"Vessel?" She was still staring at the book when she realized that the mage was already gone, including her stall.

Remembering what happened that time when she foretold Coco's fate, she's slowly having an idea on what's happening. It felt like everything was related to one another. But she shook her head to stop herself from overthinking and cleared her thoughts.

"Creepy girl."

--

Present Day

"So?" Botan looked unimpressed.

"So what?" Moona raised her eyebrow

"Do you think you could teach those to Pekora?"

"Teach what?" Pekora appeared beside them.