Year-End Special Chapter: Debugging the Remnants of Revelation

September 17, 2022

8:13 AM, Fukuoka Prefecture

"Yes, you can go for a day-off today."

"Really, peko?!"

"Of course. Do you think worrying about me for a week was healthy for your brain?"

A smile of relief lit up Pekora's face after hearing the purple-haired sidekick's approval of her day-off. It's been a week full of uneasiness after that incident with Moona. And even though her partner seemed to be fine after receiving numerous injuries only for it to fade in just a second, the rabbit girl became overly protective. She gained initiative on leading the group, which was actually good. But in retrospect, the majority of the missions were a failure, such as retrieving the remains of the drilling equipment in Iwate, which almost cost them 2 of their frigates.

Additionally, despite her attempts to double down on her training, she made no progress. She was having difficulties in keeping her focus. That's why taking a break could give her some breathing space for her to regain her concentration.

After taking a shower and wearing her white dress with blue jacket atop of it due to autumn's cool conditions, she began to step towards the underground base's exit, only for an arm to grab her. Turning around, she saw a certain purple-haired girl reaching out her sword.

"You forgot about this, shachou."

"Why would I need this?"

"You wouldn't know if someone suddenly appeared in front of you and threatened your life. Just for good measure."

Even though she wanted to relax away from any war-related issues, she also needed some fresh air to practice her swordsmanship, especially when she didn't leave the base for weeks. Maybe the underground base was positive to carbon dioxide poisoning, she thought to herself.

With a sigh from her lips, she took the sword and gave a nod.

"Don't worry. I'm keeping my guard at all times."

10:30 AM

An hour of biking and eventually walking after her bicycle broke down halfway through her journey, she finally reached a park situated at the mountainous part of the town of Chikuzen, west of the city of Chikushino. Tired from a long trip, she laid onto the grassy fields of the mountain and observed the skies above. She's glad that the sun's not that high in the sky and that place was under a shade of an oddly looking cloud formation.

With a cold breeze brushing through her clothes, she decided to consume her free time into practicing her skill in combat. She needed rest from political stuff but it didn't mean that she should let herself be caught off track of her training.

Pekora stood on the ground and warmed up before unsheathing her sword placed on her hip holster. After gripping her sword that was comfortable to her hand, she swung it downward and stabbed forward in a quick motion without losing momentum. That kind of attack impressed Moona. From launching a strong attack, to stopping completely, up until charging a fatal blow even without a proper positioning. She did it with just a small amount of Essence and her raw speed. Shock and awe, Moona said. Her junky movements would give off the illusion towards the enemies that she's not prepared for a counterattack and couldn't retaliate at all.

After launching deadly attacks and quick follow ups, she thought it was her time to mix it up with Synaisthima. With the flow of her Essence on her sword, she began consuming the Aura and Stigma inside her and her surroundings. Feeling satisfied, she swung her sword around in a circular motion and chanted her magic in the middle of her attack.