Last Christmas I Gave You My Heart (Simbar)

Hello Everyone!

I listened from everywhere Last Christmas that it made me to write this AU. And  @Fangirl_C 's Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Christmas Sucks (or perhaps not) gave me a big power too. There are some things which connects to the show and there's many which doesn't. I hope you will like it! And Merry Christmas to everyone!

......

There was a big crowd at the party, and Simón didn't really know what he was doing there. He caught the invitation from Matteo who dropped the party with his girlfriend, Luna.

Simón felt that they had just invited him because they felt pity; he was far away from his hometown, and the planes didn't fly in these weather conditions.

The snow was falling heavily from the dark sky, as he looked out the window. In the house, there was a pleasant temperature, but when his eyes fixated on the white snow blanket, he felt a cool sensation run over him. He shivered and took a sip of his mulled wine. The taste of the cinnamon and orange traveled his taste buds and woke a memory up in him—those pink lips and a pair of blue eyes. He swept away the thought as quickly as it came and turned his head to the living room.

Now, he felt guilty for not being home with his family, but when he accepted the concert in Europe—exactly in Italy—, he never thought that it would mean that he wouldn't go home. Mostly, Italy was a very sunny country with a huge seaside. Then it turned out that the concert would be in the north part of the country, in the realm of the high mountains. As they have never been there—except Matteo, the Italian member of the band—they accepted the offer without thinking too much. Anyway, they can go home for Christmas. Yeah, that's what happened, exactly.

Every member of his band was enjoying the party, speaking with well-known and less-known people, but he was alone, sitting in the window. It was kind, for Matteo's family to put the whole band up till the weather gets better, but he felt so outsider. Like the fifth wheel on a car. Her best friend, Luna was flirting with Matteo, Nico was talking with a red-haired young girl who almost drank every word of him, and Pedro, his last hope, was holding his girlfriend's hand. He wasn't necessary anywhere.

Matteo's family dropped a party every year at Christmas time, but before they took place in Buenos Aires, and he young musician's grandparents visited them. Now, because of the concert, it was swapped.

"What's the problem, young gentleman?" Matteo's grandmother tore out Simón from his thoughts, as she sat down in front of him in the armchair. Her lips curled into a kind smile, and her gray hair was carefully combed into a braid on her head. She was wearing a pale red and white dirndl. In northern Italy, more exactly Alto Adige, it was common to wear, mostly on celebration days.

Simón put his mug to the little table between them and said, "I just miss my family. They are at home now, without me. My little brothers surely want me to be home with them."

Angelina lowered her eyes, and they filled with sadness. "I know how hard could be," she admitted. "When my son moved to Buenos Aires with her wife and my grandson, we felt so lonely with my husband. As if we had lost a part of ourselves. But when they visited us, the lost part came back, and we felt whole again."

Simón allowed his lips to form a half-smile. "I didn't know that Matteo was living in such a cold place before."

"He spent the winters with us, and you can't believe how much he loved ice-skating. Maybe, due to that, he started roller skating too. Although, he spent the summer with Bernardo on the seaside, close to Naples." She turned her head gingerly in the old man's direction. "But I always know that Matteo loves the warm climate more." A giggle escaped from her mouth, and Simón grinned too.