Antonio's ceremony | #2

The stars decorating the sky would shine above the townsfolk whom approached the Madrigal's residence. I remained behind my brother, and Camilo shapeshifting into the different people captivated my eyes, his power sure is incredible. As we stepped closer to the colourful house, brightened by the lights surrounding the areas, Camilo suddenly shape-shifted into my appearance. "Ey, pachuco!" he cheerfully saluted, instructing me to give him a fist bump. I laughed and returned the gesture. "Cómo estas, chica?" (how are you, girl) Camilo questioned as he shifted back to his original appearance, patting my back as he guided me to the main room of the house. "Muy bien. Gracias, amigo." (i'm good, thanks friend) I responded. He winked at me before going back outside to welcome the rest of the townsfolk in a goofy manner.

I looked around, the house was beautifully decorated. The flowers matched well with the remaining colours on the wall, and the kids were running around, exploring and intruding in some places in the residence, I could even noticed some children attempting to walk up the stairs to meet the sealed door dedicated for Antonio. The atmosphere was incredibly comfortable, and joyous. The laughters danced upon my ears, the music filled up the air, and the dances took space in every places. And within that crowd, Isabella finally showed up. She was dancing in the middle of that group of people, throwing flowers and petals, and even gave them a flower bouquet , a flower crown and.. a flower beard?

I always knew that the Madrigal's powers were exotic, and diverse as well as strange, but this has to be the weirdest yet funniest thing I've ever saw. I chuckled, but as I stared at her movements, Mariano's gaze was also focused on her. Oh right, how could I forget, she is my brother's fiancée afterall. My expression suddenly took a sad shift, and before I could notice, Isabella stood before me. "What made you so sad all of the sudden [name] ?" She asked, lifting my face up to meet hers. "Ah! No, nothing."
"I know you're lying, chiquita."
"I'm not small."

I lightly chuckled, she sighed and showed a generous grin before fixing my hair. "I'm glad you came" she spoke softly, it was the first time we've ever been this close. I remember, as kids, Isabela being the charismatic one was never interested in me, but we managed to be friends somehow. One day, she invited me at her house for her ceremony, and we used to have so much fun me, Dolores and Luisa, Isabela wasn't really joining our games since she held Abuela's high regards and grew up earlier than we did. Mariano was infatuated when he met her, tho Dolores would always compliment my brother when his back was turned. Years later, I'm guessing Dolores is still into manito.

"Keep smiling [name], you look fantastic this way." She hinted. Our conversation was broke off due to Mariano's intervention, and as he was quite close to us, he cheerfully exclaimed. "Ah! Looks like mi manita y Isabela got closer!" He said, grabbing both of us shoulders as he seemingly pulled us into a tiny hug before letting us go. Isabella quickly stepped back, and fixed her messy posture as she softened her expression, though it was painfully obvious that she was quite embarrassed. "Of course we are." She followed, confirming his statement, and from that point on, Mariano and Isabela immediately started a conversation of subjects that I don't know about.

I sighed before leaving. I took a step upstairs, and noticed clouds forming above me. "Pepa, you have the clouds!" An elderly voice spoke strongly, resonating upstairs. "I know mama! But now I can't find Antonio, what do you want from me!" A lady responded, her tone remaining quite angered and Pepa, Isabela's aunt, continued her way to find Antonio. I looked back up to Abuela Alma who begun to leave, letting Mirabel alone. I snuck up to her. "Boo!'
"Ah! Oh my, you scared me!"
- Sorry! You looked sad. Did something happened?
- Ah, no, no. Nothing.
- I know you, whenever you frown that means something happened. Tell me."

I stepped in front of her, holding her hands to show some sort of comfort, gesturing that everything will be kept secret with me. She looked up to me, her eyes glittered, hinting that was close to shredding tears. I smiled softly before stroking her cheeks. "You don't have to tell me if you're distraught, pequeña." I informed, sticking my forehead to hers. Mirabel sighed, before smiling in return. "Abuela didn't want me to help. But atleast I managed to do a part of the work." she finally admitted to me. "But I can't help but feel useless." she continued, saddened by her statements, I changed position and stood next to her, holding her shoulder as i pulled her close to me. "Don't think that way, I understand, but you're the most useful person in our town. Without you, we wouldn't be able to know more about the family Madrigal." I attempted to comfort her.