He was there ? | #6

AUTHOR'S NOTE : HOLY DEAR, 2K READS?? 100 VOTES AND COMMENTS?? WHATTT? I'd like to save this moment to thank you all for the attention, the loving and funny comments, the votes and how you all took your time to read it all! Please enjoy this read!

__________________

Slowly, Mariano took off this small box that contained the golden ring dedicated for Isabela. Rather than feeling sorrowful, my attention was quickly captivated by the enormously large cracks showing on the floor next to us, Mirabel threw herself at that specific corner catching everyone else off guard. She posed to show off a more natural demeanour, giving a thumbs up to my brother as she smiled. "You got this."

Mariano was truly unsure, and it shown. He slowly lift up the box. "Isabela.. the most perfect flower" the man was cut off by Luisa's sobs as it seemed that she couldn't lift the piano my mother asked her to get."Will you marry-" He tried to proposed, but Mirabel suddenly ran under the table. Caught by surprise, I looked down to follow up with her action, and my eyes widened as I saw those animals stealing the vision's broken pieces and fixed it. I got up and ran to the other side of the table, behind the seat Luisa sat by to try and catch them, but all of this only cause Pepa's thunder to be heavier than it was before as she did not succeed to clear her cloud, the birds that stood by Antonio flew away as they were struck by fear, and Dolores shouted what was going on.

"Mirabel found Bruno's vision, she's in it and she's gonna destroy the magic we're DOOMED!"

Abuelita seemed to have heard Dolores' shouting as she looked at her in shock, and unfortunately enough, the plate that contained the broken pieces who were now fixed slid to her. Abuela's eyes widened even more seeing the vision that stood before her, and slowly, she looked at us. I tried to cover Mirabel  by letting her stay behind my back, but the cracks started to make it's appearance on the wall behind us, and it continued to the side until it reached the floor and broke a tiny space between Isabela and Mariano, but the crack was more larger that a plant came out of it and hit my brother's nose. "Hermanito!' I shouted in concern.

The thunder would also emit a strong gush of wind that literally opened the window that stood behind Dolores, and outside was found the townspeople who were prepared to celebrate the supposedly newlyweds' proposal for marriage, but their excitement vanished as they saw the mess that was happening in the house. And soon enough, the rain poured on us.

Mamá and hermano quickly rushed out of dining room as Abuela followed them to try and explain herself about what was going on and then came Isabela who quickly came with an: "I hate you!
- Wait, Isabela please— I tried to speak to her.
- No. [name]! I don't wanna hear it, she ruined my proposal! she ruined my life! and I cannot let that slip by just because she's a 'young and naive' little sister of mine! If you guys didn't even came to this dinner, I would've been just fine!"

Those words shut me off.

I stared at Isabela.

I wanted to cry, but it was not my place to sob since I don't take part of the blame, but it overwhelmed me how she was furious at me.

Isabela would then back off, her breathing were faster, and she was seemingly surprised by what she'd said. We had a silent eyes contact, and hesitantly, she stormed off. And her face owned a sad expression. "[name] I'm really sorry—" Mirabel cut herself off as she heard the squeaks of rat coming to the side, and rush to follow them.

It took me a moment to process what was happening, though.

Does she hates me? Will she never talk to me, ever again? I don't want it to happen this way, what do I do? Please someone help me, does that mean we will never share a moment any again? just the two of us?

I tried to snap out of it, and ran to catch up to Mirabel who was inspecting a painting. When I reached out to her, she would try and slide the painting away from the wall, kinda like a door, and before us stood this big, giant hole. It has enough space to fit a whole person in there. We looked at each other quite unsure, but took a deep breath, and we went inside the both of us.

We tried to look for that shiny, green piece and found one that stood in the darkness. But it was slowly lifted up, and I was midway about to scream before Mirabel covered my mouth to prevent any noise. The thunder would give us a view about the man's face, and he quickly ran off. Both me and the teenager ran to him, i'll admit it it was quite difficult to follow his steps due to the tight space.

And he was swift too, sometimes we would even bump into walls to find a more easier way to move.

But there was a moment where he managed to get to the other side of this wide hole, big enough that a jump was useless in this situation. I tried to examine and search for another way to get to the other side, before the teenager ran towards and tried to mimic the mysterious man's parkour, she was halway there, before falling off. 'Mirabel!" I shouted.

Panicked, and close to shred tears, I tried to find a way to reach out to her and be able to help her back up, and through my inspection, Mirabel whimpered for help. 'Casita! Casita help me! Help me!" She whined, her hands slowly giving up on that last remaining wood that was broken in a half. And suddenly, she was fell.

I gasped, sticking my arms out, but lucky for her, the mysterious man was  there to grab her hand in time. "Your hands a sweaty!" he spoke, before fallen aswell due to the weight on the fragile wood, I freaked out again, but Mirabel caught him in return. There was this quick minute of silence before I could hear the squeak of a rat, resulting for the teenager to drop the man out of fear as a scream came out.

I freaked out yet again.

But it seemed that, there wasn't any deep hole, since that man got up. He brushed the smoke that remained below, revealing this solid floor.

__________

SO SORRY FOR THE LATE DELAYY
THE LACK OF NAME X ISABELA
AND HOW SHORT THIS CHAPTER IS

school just started and it kinda bugged my brain a little!
next chapter will be probably published the weekend... anyways, see yall!
again, thank you SO MUCH for the amount of support yall gave me!