Cracks | #3

As we walked in, we would witness Antonio befriending the animals that surrounded him. Isabela held my hand tightly as she gasped in amazement, and from behind us, a tiger rushed in as it ran towards the child. He'd then invite the child on his back, and while carrying him, the tiger suddenly started to run to this seemingly big tree. "Yes Antonio! Go! Go!" A man cheered, it was Felix. Isabela pulled me close to her, as she looked proudly at the child who would do his parkour, carried by the feline. "It's.. amazing." she spoke under her breath. "Just like you." I followed.

Startled, she looked down at me. I seemed to be as surprised as her, and i quickly tried to avoid her gaze. An embarrassed chuckle came out of my lips. "Ah.. not in the way you're thinking! H-Haha.." I tried to speak, yet my words was heavily fumbled, making it difficult to understand what i truly wanted to say. I took a glance at Isabela, and she was still staring at me, the same flowers that appeared the last we interacted popped out on her hair. She snapped out of it as Abuela claimed for a photo, warmly welcoming the family to join her. "Oh, apologies! I have to go!" Isabella said, slowly letting go of my hands before joining the family for a photo.

"La familia Madrigal!"

They joyfully cheered.

But something didn't feel right.

Everyone was there.

But..

Not mirabel?
(AUTHOR'S NOTE: please do not ship yourself with Mirabel in this fic. Due to Isabela being 21, you are one year younger than her. Mirabel is a minor, 15. You and her have a sisterly relationship.)

(AUTHOR'S NOTE 2: the reason Mirabel and you have so much interaction is because I am trying to make you fit in the lore for more dynamic! I swear, Isabella x [name] will be always mentioned in every chapters!)

I brushed my eyes around, and found her, standing beside me. She owned a sorrowful expression on her face. And slowly left the room, concerned, I followed her. Once I remained close to the stairs, I could hear her singing downstairs. The lyrics of her song were, quite heartbreaking, She wanted to have a miracle, she waited for a miracle. I stood by the stairs as I watched her singing her misery. And once she was finished, she was standing there alone. I reached down the stairs.

[IF YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO THE SONG!]

"Mirabel, are you okay?"
- I.. ye.. no. No, I'm not okay.
- Do you want to talk about it?
- I just, sometimes I wish I had the miracle I deserve. I'm sick and tired of being the black sheep of this family.

I gently stroke her curly hair, and put them aside from her face. "I'm sorry you feel this way." I said. She pulled me into a hug.
But, our moment was quickly ruined by one of the vase whom fell down. We let go of each other and slowly approached the broken pieces of the vase. Mirabel picked it up but got injured on the way. "Casita?" She whispered, and cracks suddenly appeared. I pulled her away as I tried to protect her from a possible danger, standing infront of her as I moved her to the back.

The cracks progressively grew to the 2nd floor, to the point where it almost reached the candle that grants the family's miracle. We were terrified as the fire of the chandler started to vanish, flickering the flame. We hurried over to the stairs, and rushed in the room. "The magic is in danger!" Mirabel claimed "Me and [name] were downstairs, a-and then cracks started to show all around the house and the fire almost extinguished!-"