Explanations | #7

AUTHOR'S NOTE: HIII! thank so much for 4k reads! like what the hell guys? ya'll are really hyping me up right now! especially to all of my followers, thank you so much for your follow to bring even more support! please enjoy the story!

_________________

We were gathered in this small living space, and me and Mirabel both assumed that Bruno lived in there during all those years. It took us a moment to have a serious talk with him, because each times we tried to get him to speak about our current situation, he just drastically changed the subject. He even introduced us to his other personalities, one named Hernando and the other Jorge, and I was quite surprised he spent his time trying patch the cracks on the wall, I was even wondering if the cracks where already there before.

It was quite sad to see him showing us what entertained him when he was behind the walls, he revealed to us that he usually steals some arepas to get some food, and keeps himself occupied by inventing his own telenovelas with the rats that keeps him company. "I don't understand why you left but didn't leave." Mirabel said "Is it linked to the magic's condition?" I followed. Bruno was a bit hesitant to answer, it made us skeptical, but he yet again tried to change the subject. "Well, you know the mountains in the encanto are pretty tall, and you know free food, right?" He spoke when he reached for the arepa that stood on this tiny table sticked to the wall, and slid away.

This little table caught my attention, and filled with curiosity, i begun to stray closer to that piece of wood. As I looked, the first thing I've noticed was this drawn plate with the name "Bruno" written on the bottom of the plate, so he was really there all along. I had this tightening feeling in my chest, I didn't want to pity him, but his condition, his living space, his years of living behind the walls. It was sad, it's heartbreaking. I would've been overwhelmed if I was in his place, I then lift up my eyes to this crack on the wall. And from this hole, we could see a view in the dining room.

"My gift wasn't helping family... but I love my family, you know?"

He said as me and Mirabel turned to him. There was this quick quiet moment, before he tangled his fingers together. "I just don't how to... i don't how to.. y-you know I think you should go because uh.. well I don't have a good reason, but if I did you'd be like 'I should go cause that's a good reason!' He said, before looking down dejected. I stood behind as Mirabel begun with a : "Why was I in your vision?"

She slowly walked to his couch and bend down to his side. "Tio Bruno, I just wanted to make the family proud, just for once." She spoke, before taking back her breathe. "But, If I should stop, If I'm hurting my family, just tell me." She continued, looking at Bruno with pleas in her eyes. He looked back at her, and answered genuinely "I can't tell you, because I don't know."

"What do you mean, you don't know?" I spoke. He looked at me and sighed before reaching for the pieces in his pockets, assembling them together as he begun to explain. "You see, I had this vision the night that Mirabel didn't get her gift. Abuela was worried about the magic so she begged me to look into the future, to see what it meant. And I saw the magic in danger, our house breaking, and then.. and then I saw Mirabel." He said, making my eyes widened, was Mirabel truly responsible for the loss of magic going on in her family?

"But the vision was different." Bruno caught back on. "It would change, there was no one answer, no clear fate. Like the future was undecided." he said. I walked behind Mirabel and gently rubbed her shoulder as a form of comfort. "And because of the town's opinions about you, you didn't let them know what was happening and, disappeared?" I questioned my statement. The man looked at me before nodding. "Yes. I knew what will happen, because I'm Bruno and everyone always assumed the worst, so..."

"You, left." Mirabel completed. "To protect me?" she followed. "I don't know where it'll turn out but, my guess is, the family, the encanto, the fate of the miracle itself, it's all going to come down to you." He spoke his statement. Mirabel seemed lost, and I wasn't quite sure what to say. Because due to the vision, his sayings may just be true since destiny was full of ambiguity. But suddenly, he tried to change the mood by taking a more cheerful dynamic. "Or maybe I'm wrong! You know, it's a mystery, a mystery that's why this vision is— prrt!"