Chapter 4

"Well, look who's awake." Henry Allen said with a smile as he opened his front door to find his son and his girlfriend on the other side.

"Hey dad." Barry said, so relieved to his father still alive as he hugged him.

"Hey slugger. Iris." Henry said with a warm smile at the girl he hoped would soon become his daughter-in-law.

"Hello Henry." Iris said, understanding Barry's reaction to seeing his father alive, since honestly, she'd be doing the same thing if she were in his position.

"When did you wake up?" Henry asked.

"About an hour ago. I would've called but this felt more like an in person thing." Barry said, though really it was because he didn't want to risk his father coming so close to Thawne, since for right now, they had no idea where the Reverse Flash was and Barry didn't want to risk him coming after his loved ones again.

"No believe me, I'm glad you did." Henry said.

"Where's Tina?" Iris asked, looking for Henry's second wife.

"She's at work, though I'll call her now and let her know that you're awake." Henry said as he reached for his phone and Barry couldn't help but smile at how at ease his father looked now. No traces of having to spend 15 years in prison for a crime he hadn't committed on him, that weight being lifted.

"You okay." Iris whispered to him.

"Yeah, it's just so nice to see him living the life he was supposed to live." Barry said and Iris nodded in agreement.

"He does look more at ease." Iris agreed.

"I'm not gonna let Thawne take that from him again and I'll never let Zoom lay a hand on him or anyone else I care about again." Barry said.

"Let's at least wait until Cisco finishes your suit before you go running around the city looking for Thawne." Iris said and Barry nodded in agreement.

At the same time as this, Crystal Snow was currently on her way to meet someone very important to her, though she was still keeping it a secret.

"So, mind telling me why, instead of taking advantage of your very generous bank account and eating at one of the best restaurants in Central City, we're still going out at crappy bars like this." her date, none other than Lisa Snart, asked.

"So I'm nostalgic, sue me. After all, we did meet at one of these crappy bars." Crystal reminded her.

"Or you're still too scared to tell your family about me, which I don't get, since I thought you said that your sister knows you're gay." Lisa said, annoyed at her girlfriend, not that she could really call Crystal that since the woman refused to use the word.

"She does." Crystal said.

"Then it's the fact that you're dating a former convict that's the problem." Lisa said.

"Lisa." Crystal said.

"No Crystal, you know how I feel about you and yet you're still sending me mixed messages and I have too much self respect to keep putting up with someone who can't commit, even though we've been together for months. I've reached my breaking point. I'm not going to continue putting my time and affections into a relationship with someone who won't fully commit to it, since I know that you've still only got one foot in the door. If you want to keep seeing me, that has to change. Either fully commit to this, to us, or lose me, those are your choices. Let me know when you make up your mind." Lisa said angrily as she stormed off before Crystal could stop her.

"Great, first real relationship I've had in either universe and I blow it immediately. Really classy Frost, real classy." Crystal said to herself, especially since she knew that Lisa was right and she was honestly amazed that Lisa had stuck around with her old self as long as she had. Fortunately, this version of her had a bit more guts and honestly, ever since she'd first surfaced, deep down, she'd wanted someone to love her like she'd watched Ronnie love Caitlin and Barry love Iris. Now she finally had that and she was blowing it.

"Lisa, wait." Crystal called out to her.

"No, Crystal, you need to make up your mind." Lisa said only to have Crystal run up to her and stop her.

"I already have and my choice is you. I want to commit to this, to commit to you fully, I really do." Crystal said.

"Then why don't you?" Lisa asked.

"Because the idea of doing it terrifies me." Crystal said and now Lisa's look at her softened.

"You should've told me that." Lisa said.

"I was embarrassed. You know how my mom reacted when I came out to her. As if I wasn't enough of a disappointment to her for not being a scientist." Crystal said and Lisa sighed.

"I get it, I really do, but Crystal, you need to tell me these things. I'm not a mind reader, I can't know what's going on in your head." Lisa said.

"Can we please finish this discussion somewhere a bit more private?" Crystal asked, since this was the first time she'd ever really let her guard down like this before and honestly, this whole emotional thing was still new to her.

"Yeah, my apartment isn't that far from here." Lisa said as they headed for her car.

"So, why didn't you just tell me this before?" Lisa asked Crystal when they got back to her apartment and sat down on her couch.

"Because, this is the first time I've been with someone, boy or girl, since I did have a few flings with guys before I realized I was gay, but anyways, this is the first time I've actually had real feelings for someone that wasn't just based on physical attraction. I do care about you Lisa and that scares the hell out of me, since honestly, the only person I've ever been able to count on is my sister and even with her, I'm still guarded. But the idea of completely lowering my defenses and letting someone in like you want me too, that scares the hell out of me." Crystal said as Lisa took her hands in hers.

"I know it's scary, believe me, I do, but I also know that the rewards of letting someone into your heart like that are worth it. And I know that because of you. Before I met you, I was just a flirt for my brother's marks, never staying in one place, never setting down roots. And honestly, it wasn't until I met you that I realized how much I hated only being used for my looks. None of the guys or girls Lenny had me flirt with really cared about me. But he was the only family I had, he raised me. I thought I had to help him, but you set me free from that. I got my life back on track, got my criminal record erased and even got a job as a security consultant, testing security systems to detect weak points. And it's all because of you. You inspired me to get my life together. I want this to work Crystal and I can see it in your eyes that you want it to work too. So let it. I know it's scary, but let me into your heart completely." Lisa said and she sighed in relief when she saw Crystal smile and nod.

"Okay, I'll tell Caitlin about this tomorrow." Crystal said.

"Why not now?" Lisa asked.

"Because I have some other ideas about what we can spend tonight doing. I mean, we skipped dinner." Crystal said and Lisa smiled, since she was liking where this was going.

"So, do you want to order something now or after?" Lisa asked.

"Guess." Crystal said with a smile and before Lisa could answer, Crystal kissed her.