Chapter 16

A few nights later found Team Flash all dressed up at Crystal's art gallery, since the debut of her newest masterpiece and like usual, she always held a big party at the gallery to give it a proper debut. Her reasoning for this was because what was the point of art if people couldn't enjoy it. And this particular painting was particularly popular because no one had seen it yet. For whatever reason, Crystal had taken extreme measures to ensure that no one else knew what the painting looked like, mainly because it was meant to be a surprise for a certain someone.

"So, who's watching Allegra right now, since I'm assuming you did not leave her home alone?" Cisco asked Caitlin and Ronnie as they had their drinks.

"She's 14 years old. Considering the fact that Ronnie has started teaching her how to drive already, I think that means that she can be left home alone." Caitlin said with a smile as she felt her fiance wrap his arm around her waist.

"On a different topic Cisco, are you ever going to tell us if you're bringing a plus one to the wedding? Seriously, with Dr. Wells has been exposed as a fraud, it's not like we don't have an extra seat available." Ronnie asked and Cisco shrugged.

"Just haven't found anyone yet. I'll probably be flying solo." Cisco said and Caitlin rolled her eyes at that.

"Well, don't give up. You never know." Caitlin said, since she'd actually already talked to Cisco about Kamila and he'd confessed to her that while he had enjoyed his time with Kamila, things hadn't felt quite right. Honestly, it kind of felt the same way it had with Gypsy at first. Besides honestly, Kamila didn't exactly fit with Cisco's usual type, since he seemed to have a thing for girls who could kill him and while Kamila was many things, she was not that. In fact, Caitlin knew that it took a lot of willpower on her sister's part not to rub in the fact that she was the one who'd gotten Lisa instead of him.

"Maybe. But anyways, do you have any idea what kind of painting your sister is debuting. I mean after all, while she's always held events to celebrate her new pieces, it's never been something like this. And it's also never been something that she's required me to attend." Cisco said and Caitlin chuckled.

"No clue, but if I had to guess, it has something to do with her wanting to make some kind of big romantic gesture to Lisa." Caitlin said.

"I never thought I'd see the day Crystal would do that kind of thing." Ronnie said.

"You and me both. But then again, when you first met her, she was still a shy loner." Caitlin said.

"Yeah, I'm sorry but shy and Crystal Snow do not sound like words that go together." Cisco said and Caitlin laughed.

"You're right about that now, but when we were growing up, Crystal was actually pretty withdrawn. She didn't like interacting with other people, mainly because she probably had such a hard time fitting in at home, since she lived in a house of scientists, yet she was an artist. Though it was easier for her before dad died, since she was clearly his favorite." Caitlin said.

"Please, you were the favorite Caity. I was the one who didn't have a future according to mom." Crystal said as she and Lisa approached, arms linked.

"Hey Lisa, nice to see you out of prison." Ronnie said to Lisa who nodded.

"Thanks Ronnie. I have to admit, I could get used to this. Being Crystal's side piece, since literally all I have to do is not let her out of my sight and look good in front of the cameras." Lisa said and Crystal rolled her eyes.

"Very funny Lisa. But I am glad that I didn't have to reschedule this event, since I was not going to have it without you here." Crystal said.

"Really, why?" Lisa asked her and Crystal just smiled at her.

"You'll find out soon. Especially since it's time to finally start the show." Crystal said as she reluctantly removed her arm from Lisa's and headed over to where she was storing her painting.

"You really love my sister don't you?" Caitlin asked Lisa, who sighed.

"I honestly did not think I was capable of feeling love until I met her." Lisa said and Caitlin smiled.

"And to think there was a time I thought you were nothing more than a gold digger." Caitlin said and Lisa laughed.

"That would be my brother. I swear, the only thing Lenny has cared about in his life is money. Though even though he framed me, there is a part of me that can't help but believe that he does care about me a bit more, even though I know I'm an idiot for thinking that." Lisa said.

"No, he's an idiot for not appreciating you." Caitlin told her.

"Thanks Caitlin. But anyways, let's finally find out what the big deal is about this painting, since Crys wouldn't even let me see it and it sounds like she's been working on it, pretty much ever since we met a few months ago." Lisa said and Caitlin had to stop herself from smiling, since she was beginning to suspect what the big deal about this painting was.

"Let's go take a look." Caitlin said as they joined Barry, Iris, Joe, Cecille and Ralph at the front of the crowd as Crystal stepped out onto the podium where her new painting was currently being hidden underneath a tarp.

"First off, I just want to thank you all for coming out here tonight. I know that this is a bit more than I usually do for my new pieces, but this painting is a special case and I wanted to give it a more proper debut, especially since the person I made it for will likely kill me for it." Crystal said and Lisa could tell that said person was her.

"You've got a backup maid of honor in mind right because I have a feeling that I will be killing your sister by the end of this, like she said." Lisa whispered to Caitlin.

"Please, like you're not going to love whatever it is she made for you." Caitlin said and Lisa didn't deny it.

"I have been working on this piece for months and I've kept it a secret simply because I wanted it to be a surprise. They say that every artist has a muse and while I've had a few before, it wasn't until this painting that I finally found my true muse. So, without further ado." Crystal said as she removed the tarp from the painting and Lisa's hand flew to her mouth in shock as she saw that her girlfriend's newest masterpiece was a life sized portrait of her.

"And while I know that this portrait is incredible, it pales in comparison to the real thing, so Caitlin, if you wouldn't mind helping my inspiration find her way up here, I'd really appreciate it." Crystal said, but that wasn't necessary, since Lisa's feet moved on their own accord as she rushed as quickly as her heels would let her up to her girlfriend's side.

"You really did this for me? Made me your muse?" Lisa asked her and Crystal smiled.

"You always were Lis. And I thought it was time I proved it to you." Crystal said and Lisa just smiled before she kissed Crystal in front of everyone, causing several people to cheer, clap or even wolf whistle.

"So, I take it you like it?" Crystal asked and Lisa smiled.

"I love it and I love you." Lisa said before she could stop herself, but Crystal smiled.

"I love you two Lisa." Crystal said, but before they could react, the door to the gallery slammed open and to everyone, but especially Caitlin and Crystal's shock, their father walked in, all iced up.

"Sorry I'm late, I guess my lovely daughter forgot to send me an invite." Icicle said with a sick grin.