Chapter 10

The following night found Barry standing on a very familiar roof in Star City, wondering if his contact was ever going to show up.

Then he smiled when heard a familiar sound and turned to see Oliver Queen, dressed as the Hood, landing on the roof with a zip line arrow.

"You're late." Barry said.

"Sorry we can't all move at super speed." Oliver said with a chuckle as he removed his hood.

"Nice look. Quite a throwback look." Barry said and Oliver chuckled.

"Well unlike some people, I don't have a super suit maker on call." Oliver said.

"I actually come bearing gifts. Or rather, a gift." Barry said as he reached into his pocket and held out a watch to Oliver.

"A watch?" Oliver asked.

"It's less conspicuous than a ring." Barry said and Oliver realized what that was.

"Damn, always knew Cisco was a genius, but didn't realize he was that good. At least not yet." Oliver said as he took the watch.

"He said that your bow and arrows are still in development, but you've got that part covered right." Barry said.

"Yep. But I am going to need him to get his ass here soon to not only bring suits for the rest of my team, but also for his help in building a new bunker." Oliver said.

"Who is on this team?" Barry asked.

"Dig, Laurel and Rene. Felicity and Curtis are in Keystone and Thea and Roy are in Ivy Town." Oliver said.

"Plus if the news is accurate, I think that working with Felicity while you're with Laurel might make your job more complicated than it already is." Barry said and Oliver chuckled.

"Barry, I honestly can't remember a time where my life wasn't complicated." Oliver said.

"We chose this life man. We knew what we were getting ourselves into." Barry said.

"This conversation is not going the way I thought it would." Oliver said.

"Let me guess, you were expecting me to yell at you for the deal you made." Barry said.

"Well, you weren't thrilled about it when you put the pieces together." Oliver said.

"But at the same time, we both know I would've made the same call if our roles were reversed. But Oliver, you were wrong, Kara and I are not the best of us. You are." Barry said.

"Barry. You and Kara both have a light in you. A light that comes from not being burdened with knowing you've killed people. I do." Oliver said.

"Maybe, but that darkness in you is what makes you a hero. Because it means that you're willing to make the hard calls that I'm not. And even more so Oliver, you did something that I never could. Something that not even Superman could do." Barry said.

"And what might that be?" Oliver asked.

"You're the one who started the age of heroes. Yes, Batman and Superman both existed before you, but it wasn't until you started your crusade that other heroes began to follow you. Oliver, you inspired me to be a hero and not just me. Without you, there'd be no Spartan, no Arsenal, no Black Canary, no White Canary, no Wild Dog and no Flash. The world needs the Green Arrow." Barry said and Oliver chuckled.

"Well then, I guess it's a good thing that they have him." Oliver said.

"And remember, John isn't the only one who considers you a brother in arms." Barry said.

"I know. But I'm assuming you didn't come all the way out here just to say hi, just because you've never done that before." Oliver said.

"Well, I think that might change this time around. I mean, I've got super speed, might as well use it. But anyways, you're right, I didn't just come to Star City to say hi or deliver your suit, I came here because this is where the body of the real Harrison Wells is buried. I need to find it." Barry said.

"Why, I thought Thawne's plans were still months off from being ready." Oliver said.

"Yeah, not so much, since somehow, the source of his powers, the negative speed force, it preserved his consciousness from the old reality and like the rest of us, it transferred that consciousness into his doppelganger on this earth." Barry said and Oliver understood.

"So, you're fighting your worst enemy who's managed to level the playing field." Oliver said.

"I didn't say that. I found another way to get an advantage over him." Barry said.

"How?" Oliver asked.

"Thawne didn't realize just how much mastery I've gained over my powers since the last time we fought. He underestimated me like he always does and I was actually able to use his own tricks against him before whammying him so hard he nearly lost his speed. As it stands, his tank has got to be near empty, which means that he's trapped in this time period and he won't risk using his powers or doing anything to draw our attention until he has a chance to recover his full powers." Barry said.

"Nice. And now you want to press your advantage, expose him as the criminal he is." Oliver said.

"Exactly. We prove that he's not the real Harrison Wells and he'll have an even larger target on his back." Barry said.

"I see you've learned a few things." Oliver said.

"Learned from the best." Barry said and Oliver chuckled.

"I've taught you well. Let me know if you need any help." Oliver said.

"Will do. And that goes both ways." Barry said.

"I know." Oliver said the two hugged before going their separate ways.