Chapter 12

Lisa Snart couldn't believe she was doing this as she walked into the visitor's wing of Iron Heights prison and took seat on the visitor's side of the glass while also remembering how once upon a time, she'd been on the other side of it, except she never had anyone to visit her, since her only family were usually on the same side of the glass. But not anymore.

Speaking of which, she smiled when she saw her big brother Leonard Snart be brought into the room and sat down on the opposite side of the glass across from her as they each took the phone.

"Hi Lenny." Lisa said a bit nervously as she looked at her brother, who just sneered at her.

"Trainwreck." was all Snart would say to her.

"Wow, and here I thought some quality time in your favorite place in the world might make you human." Lisa said as her brother leaned forward.

"You really think that I'd be happy to see you? After you broke our code. You sold me and Mick out." Snart said.

"And I'd do it again in a heartbeat. For the first time in my life, I've actually got a life to care about. Not that you care, because let's face it, you don't. You never did. If you had, you never would've forced me to become a thief like you. I didn't want that and I sure as hell never wanted you to use me as bait for your marks. Seriously, what kind of brother does that?" Lisa said.

"It was quality brother sister bonding time and it was fun." Snart said.

"Maybe for you. I hated every minute of it. I just pretended I didn't because you made me think that for some reason I needed to be loyal to you when all you did was ruin my life." Lisa said.

"I protected you from dad." Snart said.

"Yeah, the scars on my body say you did a real good job with that. You never saw me as anything more than another pawn in your game. I never even finished high school because of you." Lisa said.

"You're not the same Lisa I remember. What made you so soft?" Snart asked her.

"Love." Lisa said and her brother scoffed at that.

"No, believe it or not Lenny, I actually did fall for someone during our last job. Crystal Snow in fact." Lisa said.

"You fell for a mark." Snart said, disgusted by his sister.

"Not for the first time, but this time, I wasn't going to give her up just so you could get rich. I tipped off the cops and got a deal for myself. One where I finally got my life back and you could stay where you belong. After all, this is your natural habitat." Lisa said.

"You mean our natural habitat. Face it, you can say you've changed all you want, but at the end of the day, you're still a Snart, you're still a criminal." Snart said.

"No, I'm not. And I really hope that maybe someday, you won't be either. But since I'm also realistic, I know this will likely be the last time we see each other." Lisa said.

"Why did you come here Lisa?" Snart asked.

"Because I wanted to see if there was any trace of my brother still inside you. But it looks like there really isn't anything left of him anymore. Goodbye Leonard." Lisa said sadly as she hung up her phone and got up, only to bump into someone as she walked out.

"Oh, I'm so sorry sir." Lisa said, completely missing her brother's grin as she walked past the man and left the room.

"See you soon sis. Sooner than you'd think." Snart said as he subtly nodded towards the man his sister had bumped into before being led back towards his cell.

"Barry, what a surprise." Henry said to his son when he opened the door of the very spacious penthouse he lived in with his wife.

"Hey dad." Barry said as he walked into the penthouse.

"Is everything alright?" Henry asked.

"Yeah, I just needed to ask you for something." Barry said.

"Okay and what might that be?" Henry asked.

"Mom's ring." Barry said and now Henry smiled as he realized where this was going.

"Have you talked to Joe about this, since we both know that he'd want to give his permission before you give that ring to Iris, not that Iris would care either way." Henry said.

"Yeah, I made sure I did that first, since while I know he approves, I know he'd still want me to get his blessing first." Barry said and the reason he knew that was because Joe had told him that after he and Iris had originally announced their engagement in the old universe, so Barry had been sure to cross that step off first, though his plan for proposing to Iris was pretty much the same as it had been before and by that, he meant he was going to serenade Iris like he had before.

"Then in that case, let me go grab it." Henry said and Barry smiled at his father, right as his phone rang.

"Hey Joe, what's up?" Barry asked.

"We've got an emergency. Someone shut down the power at Iron Heights, all the prisoners are escaping, including the metas." Joe said.

"I'll be right there." Barry said as he slid his ring on.

"Everything okay?" Henry asked.

"No, there's a major escape going on at Iron Heights right now. I need to go." Barry said and Henry nodded as he watched his son suit up and speed out towards the prison.

It had been surprisingly easy for the Flash to get most of the criminals back in their cells, even the metas, though that might be because he made sure he got meta cuffs on each of them before they had a chance to use their powers.

However, when the riot was over, he was very concerned.

"Flash." Joe said as he and Ralph approached them.

"Detectives." Flash said.

"Is everyone accounted for?" Ralph asked.

"Not everyone. From what I can tell, there are five prisoners missing, including two metas." the Flash said.

"Who?" Joe asked.

"Leonard Snart, Mick Rory, Sam Scudder, Rosa Dillon and Jared Morillo." Flash said.

"Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Mirror Master, Top and Plunder, great." Ralph said.

"Yeah, something tells me that Snart's behind this, though I have no idea how he would've been able to mastermind the power outage." the Flash said.

"We'll look into it, but you need to start looking for those crooks." Joe said and the Flash nodded as he sped out of the prison.

"Of course Lenny escaped. I should've known him being in jail was too good to be true for long." Lisa complained to Crystal as they sat on the couch in Crystal's apartment, watching the news.

"They'll catch him again." Crystal assured her.

"I hope so, but who knows how long that will take." Lisa said, right as the door of Crystal's apartment was forced open and the CCPD came in.

"Whoa, what's going on here?" Crystal asked as to both her and Lisa's shock, one of the officers forced Lisa to her feet and slapped the cuffs on her.

"Lisa Snart, you are under arrest for aiding and abetting in the escape of your brother Leonard Snart, along with four other criminals from Iron Heights Penitentiary earlier this evening." the cop said as he read Lisa her rights.

"What, there's been some kind of mistake. The whole reason I sold my brother out was so that I wouldn't have to go to prison anymore." Lisa said.

"I'm sorry but we've got video surveillance of you tampering with the power system at Iron Heights before all power in the facility went out, triggering a mass riot, plus we do have records that you visited your brother earlier today. We have no choice but take you in." the cop said.

"Crystal, I swear, I didn't do anything." Lisa said.

"I know and I promise that once this mess is sorted out, there will be hell to pay from the CCPD." Crystal said, fighting the urge to go all Frost on these dicks as she watched the cops take her girlfriend away.