Christmas With the Joker

It was Christmas Eve in Gotham City, and everyone was in the Christmas spirit, even the inmates at Arkham Asylum. The inmates were decorating the asylum, and a small group was singing Jingle Bells as they read the music sheets.

"Jingle bells! Jingle bells! Jingle all the way! Oh, what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh! Hey!"

"Jingle bells! Batman smells! Robin laid an egg!" Joker sang as he broke away from the inmate carolers. He goes over to the Christmas tree and is handed a topper by an inmate, "Dear Scarlet Witch let out a squeal. The Batmobile lost a wheel, and the Joker got a-wa-a-a-ay!"

He climbs up the latter leading to the top of the tree. When the Joker places the topper on the tree, the base erupts, revealing that the tree is a rocket. The Joker hops on the tree and sings as the tree blasts through the roof of Arkham.

"Crashing through the roof, in a one-horse open tree. Busting out I go, laughing all the wheeeee! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!"

At Wayne Manor, Batman, Scarlet Witch, and Robin were on their way down to the Batcave in the elevator.

"Come on, Batman, Scarlet Witch, it's Christmas Eve. Let's kick back and get into the spirit," Robin pleased with the heroes.

"The Joker's escaped from Arkham Asylum, Robin," Batman reminded him.

"And you really think he's gonna make his move on Christmas Eve?" He questioned as he and the two other heroes left the elevator and walked to the Batmobile, "Even scum spend the holidays with their families."

"He has no family," Batman counters.

"And the Joker doesn't care what day of the year it is," Scarlet Witch added, "He only cares to spread fear and misery through his sick and twisted sense of humor. But we should enjoy Christmas without the cape and cowl, Batman."

"See, even Scarlet Witch knows how to celebrate the holidays. Okay, I'll make a deal with you two. If we go out on patrol, and Gotham is quiet, with no sign of the Joker, we come back here, have Christmas dinner, and watch 'It's A Wonderful Life," Robin offers as he hopped into the back of the Batmobile.

Scarlet Witch and Batman get into the passenger and driver's seats.

"You know, I've never seen that," Batman admitted, "I could never get past the title."

"Really?" Scarlet Witch questioned with a raised brow, "It's a Christmas classic. I've seen it every year around this time."

"It's a deal then?" Robin said, hoping that Batman accepts his offer.

"Deal," Batman responded.

Batman revies the engine before driving through the tunnels in the Batcave before exiting it to patrol the streets of Gotham.

The streets of Gotham were quiet and filled with joy. A street performer plays Christmas songs on his saxophone, and a passerby drops some money into the performer's hat on the street. People wandered through the snowy streets, and some were going into businesses that were still open till later doing some shopping. Ice skaters on the rink gliding gracefully on the ice and jolly old men dressed as Santa on the street corners.

"Doesn't it warm your heart to see everyone in the spirit of Christmas?" Robin asked Batman.

Batman doesn't say anything. He grabs a grappling line from his utility belt and swings to the rooftop across.

"Oh, "Bah humbug" to you too!..." Robin grumbled, swinging behind his mentor with Scarlet Witch levitating next to him, "You just can't believe there's no use for us for one night!"