The Underdwellers

Many would assume that Grace Wayne would be the kind of woman who would always enjoy fine dining. But those people didn't know her. In truth, Grace preferred simple retro diner foods. It reminded her of when her father and mother would take Bruce and Grace to a diner close to Wayne Enterprises when Thomas was on lunch breaks.

And that is where Grace Wayne, Princess of Gotham, is. Sitting in the same simple diner Grace visited during her childhood near Wayne Enterprises and enjoying the simple food. But the Princess of Gotham was not alone. Seated in the diner booth with her is Harvey Dent. The D.A. and Gotham's Princess would meet up now and then.

It started a while after Harvey left the hospital after recovering when Poison Ivy tried to kill him, ending their relationship. It began with Grace taking Harvey to lunch and asking how he was doing. It soon became a budding romance between the two after a few breakfasts, lunches, and dinners at various places.

"This has to be some of the best food I've ever had," Harvey commented. "I can see why you love it here."

"Thanks, Harvey," Grace smiled. "Bruce and I come here a lot. It's one of the best places to eat in Gotham."

Harvey sips his drink. He stares at the cup on the table before saying to Grace, "I'm truly grateful for everything you've done, Grace. After what happened with Pam, I didn't feel like having a life outside my work. Or maybe something worse may have happened."

Grace reaches across the table and places a comforting hand on Harvey's free hand. She smiles at the man as he looks up at her.

"But it didn't happen, Harvey. Let's focus on that."

Harvey smiles at Grace before holding her hand. The two stare into each other's eyes. The man and woman express their feelings without a single word. Harvey lifts Grace's hand to his lips before kissing her knuckles. Grace's heart swells from the simple and romantic gesture. The small flame between Gotham's D.A. and Princess grows with each passing second.

Grace glances up at the clock on the diner wall and realizes the time. Grace did not want to end her date with Harvey but knew it was Scarlet Witch's time to go out and help Batman. Harvey follows Grace's eyes and looks over his shoulder at the clock.

Harvey looks back at Grace and smirks, "I should get you home. Or Bruce will think I'm up to no good with his little sister."

Grace couldn't help but smile at Harvey's quip. But he wasn't wrong. Bruce acted the role of a protective older brother when any man showed interest in Grace. Fortunately, Bruce does not know about Harvey and Grace. Or at least Grace hoped.

"Ever the gentleman, Harvey," Grace said.

After paying the bill, Harvey drives Grace back to Wayne Manor. The two decided to take the long way to give them more time together.

"So, since we talked about what has been going on in my life during dinner, why don't we talk about yours during the drive?" Harvey suggested.

"What's there to tell? I dealt with some businesses at Wayne Enterprises before I went to the hospital to put my medical license to some use. And then I had dinner with you," Grace said before telling Harvey in a joking tone, "I'm sorry that the life of Grace Wayne isn't as glamorous as the society column suggests."

"Well, it sounds pretty glamorous to me. Maybe not the glamorous the column writes about, but still glamorous. You do a lot of good work, Grace. You help people with your work at Wayne Enterprises and as a doctor," He told Grace.

"Thank you, Harvey. That's really sweet of you to say."

"You're welcome, Grace."

Harvey and Grace continued talking for the rest of the drive, and before they knew it, they arrived at Wayne Manor. After parking before the manor's front door, Harvey exits the car and walks over to the passenger's side before opening the door for Grace. The D.A. holds out his hand to Grace. She smiles as she accepts and steps out of the car. Harvey closes the car door for Grace.