Pretty Poison

In November 2022, we received the heartbreaking news that Kevin Conroy, who was Batman for decades, passed away from a battle with cancer. He was Batman to so many of us and inspired us to be a hero. Rest in peace, Kevin. You will always be vengeance. You will always be the night. You will always be Batman.

On a strip of bare land, Mayor Hill, Harvey Dent, Bruce, and Grace stand on a stage, with a banner behind them reading 'Future Site of the New Gotham Penitentiary' in front of a crowd of reporters.

"My fellow citizens, it is with great civic pride that we gather here today to break ground on the new Gotham Penitentiary," Mayor Hill Announced, "Which is being funded by the Wayne Foundation. As you know, this project was the dream of one man, and he is with us here today. Gotham's new District Attorney, Harvey Dent."

"From this field of weeds and wildflowers, we'll grow a new institution to build a better, safer Gotham," Dent declared. The crowd cheered and applauded.

With shovels in their hands, Dent, Bruce, and Grace each dig out a piece of dirt from the ground. The reporters took their pictures as the rest of the crowd applauded.

Five Years Later...

In the bullpen of the G.C.P.D, uniformed officers do various things, Bullock is getting a donut and coffee, and Alder is at her desk filling out some paperwork.

Suddenly, Gordon bursts out of his office, "We've got a prison break by air! The chopper's heading this way!"

Everyone sprung into action. The uniformed officers enter their patrol cars while Gordon, Bullock, and Alder enter the G.C.P.D helicopter.

Batman and Scarlet Witch stand atop a building, watching the helicopter carrying the criminals fly past them. Batman takes out his grappling hook before firing it. The hook latches onto the chopper.

The criminals felt something that had almost pulled them back a little.

"Whoa! What was that?" The fugitive asked.

"Just some turbulence," The pilot replied.

Batman flies through the air while holding onto his grappling hook. The Scarlet Witch uses her magic to fly and remain hidden from the pilot and fugitive's view.

As they pass a radio wave tower on top of a building, Batman swings around the tower while tightly wrapping the rope around it. Scarlet Witch extends her hand, and her eyes glow. A red light encases Batman before the Scarlet Witch lowers him to the rooftop of the building. She then joins him on the rooftop.

The helicopter crashed next to Batman and the Scarlet Witch. While the pilot was unconscious, the fugitive was not. He rubs the back of his head.

"Oh...ugh...what happened?" The fugitive looks out the cracked window of the copper and sees Batman and the Scarlet Witch, "AHH!"

The fugitive escapes from the copper with a piece of it and runs away. Batman and Scarlet Witch chase after the criminal. The criminal tackles Batman and raises his weapon. But before he could attack, Batman kicked him off. A red light encases the pilot and is brought to the two heroes and the fugitive.

"Who...!? Who are you!?" The fugitive asked in a stammer.

"We're your worst nightmare!" Batman answered.

Batman ties the two criminals back to back just before the light from the police helicopter shines on them.

"This is the police! Nobody move!" Bullock ordered through a speaker.

Batman and Scarlet Witch quickly disappeared. The police helicopter descends to the roof. The fugitive and the pilot are arrested and placed in handcuffs. Gordon watches the uniformed officers, Bullock, Alder, and Montoya.