1

[y/f/n]: your fake name
[f/l/n]: fake last name

***

It all started with you agreeing to let your friends help you in your home to organise some boxes. Some? Yeah, let's just say some.

"Cath... I still don't think online dating is a good way to go. Besides, I have a whole career ahead of me."

"Don't say that, you don't know yet."

You rolled your eyes, standing up to go to the connected kitchen and grab yourself a tin of beer. The satisfying spurt of carbonation from the newly opened tin occupies the semi-empty room, boxes were stacked by another box. It's been a long time since you moved into your new condominium and yet you haven't managed to put things away.

"Geez," she followed you to the kitchen. "It's almost been months since you move back here and you haven't been organizing yet?"

"I'm a busy woman." You open the fridge once more, grabbing a tin of beer before tossing it to your childhood friend slash best friend, Catherine, which she gracefully catch with one hand. "I hardly keep up with things."

"Exactly my point." She quipped. "When is the last time you had fun?"

You look up without moving your head, thinking about when was the last time you went out without having to think of work or job related stuff, it's been a while, a long while at it. You sighed. "Can't remember."

"Then I win another point. I know that you are the successor of [l/n] Entertainment, but don't you have anything to do other than keep your head stuck with a PC doing whatever entertainment manager do? Surely you thought about that."

"Have a lot of paperwork to do."

"[y/n]"

Annoyed, you rolled your eyes at her and move to the other side of the kitchen island as you go. "I didn't agree to invite you here getting nagged to get back in pursuing a romantic relationship."

"Not when you're stuck with me alone."

"You can't be serious..."

"Do I look like I'm joking?" An awkward silence filled the room, Catherine look at you dead in the eyes as she takes a sip of her beer.

"Okay...Where the hell is Kenneth." You mumbled quietly to yourself rather than asking Catherine the question. You pulled your phone out of your pocket and open messenger to ask where he is now. "He said he's on his way."

"Great." She whispered. "Just give that guy a shot [y/n], he might be a great dude."

"You said that to everyone that I - you matched for me."

"Mainly men but sure. It's not my fault that most men found you attractive."

"Catherine, you swiped that for me."

"Pfft," She snickered. "You did match with a few women of your choice."

"Correct but that's not what I'm worried about." You huffed. "I just..." you trailed off, fragments of memories flashing right at your vision, the betrayal that you once go through still staining in your brain like a tattoo. No matter how much you tried, no matter how long you fight, the image of your ex-girlfriend cheating on you, having sex with a disgusting man in the bed that you both shared gave you tremours until this day. And she looks so proud of her doing which hurts you even more. Your gaze was unsettled, wandering all around the floor as you remembered. It hurts your brain whenever you think about that, like a migraine or the headache when you're hungover from a full night of drinking and partying in a pub.