8

Though it is only the first day of the audition, the amount of delusional candidates pisses you off. Sure, they are talented in some way and might be that 1 in a million but this is a music label company, not a stand-up comedy recruitment. Plus, you want to help build a career for someone who was labelled as 'underrated'.

Not the best strategy for marketing but that is what your father has been doing and you plan to keep the tradition. After all, that is the company's identity.

"My oh my," Davide, one of the vocal coaches of the label, let out an exasperated sigh. "It's the first day and yet we haven't reached the targeted eligible candidate."

"How many are left until we wrap up for today?" You asked, flipping through the next candidate's CV file. Being sat in the middle means that you have the most power. Well, that's what you specialise in, recruiting talented musicians and managing them.

"After this, one more to go for today." The Human resource manager announced while pointing to the files in your hand.

"Where did any of you even find these people..." You muttered more to yourself than to the group.

You know it is only the first day, but you have been sitting there with these guys from 10 A.M. until 4 P.M. and still only a handful of them turned out to be worthy frustrates you. 

After the second until the last interviewee walked out of the door, Angel took a peek from the windowed door and saw you had both of your hands covering your face, seemingly disappointed with the result so far. It'll be a lie if she said she is not nervous, after all, she is interviewing whilst exposing herself to you too. Though, she keeps it behind her mask. 

"Come in," An authoritative voice called for her and she waste no time waiting and strut her way into the room, confidently. Once she is inside, the room falls silent. Three of the men are googling at her but you on the other hand are still yet to recover from your action. 

"Hello there, how's your day?" One of the vocal coaches in the room asked to which she replied calmly but in an interested tone.

"Why don't you tell us a little about yourself?" The HR manager said, almost enamoured by her beauty though she only gives most of her attention to you. You only pulled your hands away when he hands you the resume. 

At first, you paid no mind. You lazily scoured the details but something about it feels familiar to you, the presence in the room with the three of you.

"Good evening panels, I'm Alcina Dimitrescu," She begin her interview and then carried on.

Dimitrescu?

The surname got you hooked up though you still have no interest in looking at the candidate. Though that doesn't mean you are not listening. In fact, you are blindly analysing them so you can get an unbiased conclusive interpretation.

That voice...

The moment you lift your head and meet her gaze, that is when you realise you fucked up. Your heart immediately sank to the pit of your stomach, your brain cells started to panic. She was staring at you as she speaks, giving no attention to the other interviewer, and you dare did the same despite the intimidation.

The fact that you sat directly in front of her doesn't make it any less nerve-wracking.

Shit

Part of you is terrified of what will happen to your relationship but the other, you can't help but feel cheated, upset even, that she decided to fake her identity as well.

At least, you are now even.

Suddenly, a clearing throat sound makes you look away briefly. There's no doubt that the intense eye contact makes the room feel heavy and the other panel feel awkward as if both of you have ill hidden agenda.