9

Guess who dislocated her kneecap from doing sports??? :'D

***

3 days.

Exactly 3 whole days did it takes for you to convince the partnering company who funded the [l/n] Entertainment about the whole [l/n] family drama. It's nothing new, you've dealt with them before but not when they threatened to stop the partnership and will never look back. Somehow you doubt they would. Those old narrow-minded men did nothing when it comes to developing it. Hell, all they do is just sit down on their 'throne' and boss some shit around.

Frankly, you have little to no respect for them at all. If it weren't for continuing the legacy, you'd long forget about them.

Thankfully, all those matters have been settled. It took a toll on your inheritance but it worked out in the end. Now, you are back at your office, not you would expect that you'd be happy to see stacks of papers and stare at the monitor all day long again. Plus, it's Friday so that's a win.

Though, you feel bummed that you must take an emergency off and miss the other two days of the audition. By the way, you are a little taken aback that they finalised their decision sooner than you'd expect. A little bird - Chris Redfield - told you that they are coming today.

Isn't that great?

The peaceful evening ambience settled in your office nicely. In the middle of the paper task, you have your laptop in front of you for some reference. Then, there is a round of knocks on your door, stopping you from doing your task momentarily.

You take a glance at the clock and took a mental note that it's almost 3 PM, then to the door.

"Come in" You politely instruct whoever is behind the door. At first, you don't think much of it because the presence felt familiar and kept your focus on your laptop and those lame papers.

You'd expect it's Kenneth since he wanted to see you. Even though the distance between the door and your desk is only 10 steps away, your growing suspicion didn't do enough to make you tear your eyes away.

"Yes?" You called out as soon as the door clicked close but yet no reply. Then, the slow steps of heels grew louder and abruptly stop in front of you. For a second, you furrowed your eyebrows as you are writing something down on the paper due to how annoying the silence is.

Just when you took a short glimpse of your laptop screen, still refusing to look at the figure because whoever that is should be the one who does the talking since they come to your office, a mysterious delicate hand slowly shuts your laptop. It is so patronisingly slow to the point where you can't make up the terms that somebody's cleavage is up all on your face.

As worst as it may sound, you can't help to stare at it. A lot longer than you anticipated you would, a faint shade of red flush on your cheek. I mean, can you blame yourself? Whoever that belongs to, they took extra care of it - Anyways.

For approximately 5 seconds of staring later, you snapped your dirty thoughts followed by a gulp and then finally look up. Long and behold, it is the very woman herself dressed in a semi-revealing dress who is already, bending down while eyeing you down her nose which you caught a brief moment of her trying to hide the cocky smirk.

"Yes?" You ask nonchalantly with a slightly tilted head, refusing to take your eyes on hers now that you were caught red-handed.

"Is that all you have to say?" She replied. "Honestly, I was expecting more of a reaction from you after all this time, [y/n]. Though, I'm not complaining about the attention." She said with a huge emphasis on your name and the latter part.