Prologue

The palace of white stone was tall, a true symbol of power. It was large, the turrets soaring well into the winter blue sky. Winter was permanent here. Snow was common. But nobody minded.

Food grew plentifully, there was much life in this winter land. Trees grew gladly, some of them even flowering despite the cold. The land was kept alive by those with the abilities to keep it so. 

It was perfect in this land. This land that was once lost was brought back to a flourishing region, a king over all other lands. 

And the ruler that sat on the pale blue stone throne was a man who held this bountiful region in permanent snow, and soon to be your husband. Light-blue haired women moved around you, each of them carrying staffs as they carefully crafted ice shards into your white gown. Flowers and snowflakes were scattered across the white surface, the ice adding a pale blue hue to it all, sending light scattering across the room. The bodice was tight, but not too tight so you couldn't breathe, but it helped your body keep its shape.

The women cooed and chirped in a language you didn't understand, their voices gravelly. But when they spoke the common tongue, their voices were soft and pretty, seductive even. It confused you to hear the foreign words fall from their lips. 

You had to wonder if they talked poorly about you, or if they were envious that you, a Liyuean woman, had caught their kings eye. You tried not to think about it. 

Soon the women stepped back to admire their handiwork, cooing and nodding in what seemed to be approval. The leader, a pale purple-haired male that had entered moments before with your jewelry, fashioned from ice for some unspeakable reason, looked you over, circled, occasionally lifting and adjusting the skirts of your white gown.

At least he never lifted the skirts beyond the plush stool you stood on. He nodded in approval, looking up at you. He offered a hand to help you down, his dark violet suit elegant and clean cut. It hugged his large bulky figure quite nicely, even you had to admit that. You took his hand, noticing that the male had horns protruding from his skull. Trying to ignore them, you stepped down, the skirts rustling and whispering. 

"You look lovely. I'm sure his Highness will be overjoyed to see you, my Lady."
Cheeks turning pink, you averted your face at the mention of your lover and soon to be husband. Taking your hand back, you reached for the diadem on your vanity, plucking the pale gold up. Your Hydro vision pulsed with a gentle light, pulsed with powers that belonged to gods, but instead now belonged to human kind. You set it on your head, the vision cool against your skin, resting right on your forehead. 

The women from before rushed forward with your veil and a small tiara, tittering in that foreign language as they adjusted it to their liking. It took them half an hour to settle on one they agreed on. 

The sheer veil hid your face, and it also trailed behind.

"An ice queen for the ice king. It's perfect," one of them cooed, sighing dreamily. "You're such a lucky girl."

You turned pink, brushing away the compliments. 

"It's nothing, I'm surprised he even chose me," you whispered, memories of the night he proposed to you flitting into your mind. 

It had been a full moon that winter's night, in a land called Snezhnaya. Snow fell lightly, dusting your cheeks and nose, turning them pink. The tan male beside you held your gloved hands with his bare ones, the fur of his cape tickling your jaw as he gave it to you. 

"I don't feel the bite of the cold," he had told you as he wrapped the white and pale blue fur around your neck. "Besides, I like seeing you in my cape, all draped around your neck. It suits you.