Chapter 2

The first thing you noticed were the fat pink blossoms scattered across the ground and stuck to the trees. Clouds rolled lazily across the sky, the air filled with a salty but sweet breeze. You didn't know if it made you uncomfortable to feel electricity skitter across your skin, wrapping around you like a snake. 

Getting off of the boat (thank Archons you were finally off, you had been incredibly close to begging whatever Archon was nearby to sink the ship) and landing on the wooden deck with a thump, you took in your surroundings even further. (After attempting to not fall over and eat the deck for lunch, of course.) There was a statue of a kitsune with a ring behind it, the Electro insignia carved into the three circles that were in the ring. 

You had to be in Inazuma then. But why here?

Turning back towards the ship, it dawned on you just how far away Inazuma was from the mainland.

The rest of Teyvat seemed so far away, Dragonspine a dark shadow on the horizon. You couldn't see Liyue, not very well. It was just a vague land mass. The whole thing was a vague land mass. But you knew it was the rest of Teyvat. 

Yet, it made you feel very, very small.

"Welcome to the land of the Electro Archon, the Almighty Raiden Shogun. Hope you don't get electrocuted while we're here snowflake," a male's voice purred in your ear, startling you out of your trance. Whirling around, you found yourself staring at Kaeya once again. The prick seemed to enjoy sneaking up on you, scaring you out of your wits. Showing up where you least expected him.

He gave you a teasing smile.

"I didn't know you were so jumpy. I would've given you a warning if I had known."

For some reason you doubted it. You only knew him for nearly a week and you knew this man before you enjoyed playing twisted games.

"Care to explain why we're in Inazuma of all places to be?" you asked dismissively, hoping to knock that dumb smirk off of his pretty face. That smirk never fell, it only widened into a smug smile. That left you scowling heavily at him. 

"Might as well visit here if we're going to all the nations, right? After all, it'd be a shame if we skipped over Inazuma, snowflake."

"I told you to not call me that, Kaeya." 
He faked a pout at you before turning away, strutting into the small town in front of them. Very quickly he was greeted by a green-eyed blond male, who seemed both happy and shocked to see him. 

Scowling heavily, you folded your arms. 

"Don't mind him. It's how he talks to most people. The flirting."

The voice was soft and male. You glanced over and spotted Albedo, both of his hands occupied with holding onto Qiqi's and Klee's hands so they didn't run off and cause destruction.

"It's how he copes. With what, I do not know. But it's how he pushes through. He flirts and drinks endlessly. I told him that he should stop consuming so much alchohol, but he's never really listened. Although I suppose that he's been sober since the destruction of Mondstadt..." Albedo murmured, his voice quiet and flat. 

You allowed your gaze to travel to the tan male who seemed to be happily talking with the blond male. They seemed to know each other quite well if Kaeya appeared to be so relaxed. And laughing openly too. The other male, dressed in black and red, wrapped an arm around Kaeya as he made some wild gesture with his free hand. Kaeya tilted his head back and laughed and laughed, shoulders shaking.

You had to wonder what could possibly be so funny to Kaeya if he was laughing so hard. The sound was jolly, entirely his own. It wasn't maniacal, no, but rather controlled and kingly. He turned around to look at you and Albedo, gesturing you to come closer.