Chapter 6

He was darkness, he was beauty, he was grace. He was King. 

And an absolute fool. 

Kaeya clung to your sleeping form in his bed, questioning how he even convinced you to sleep by him. No, he didn't touch you, not at all. Nothing beyond holding you close with maybe a few kisses on the head. And only on the head. 

You slept soundly in his arms, covered entirely by your light silk pajamas from Liyue, whilst he was stuck with his nightshirt and a pair of pants that were loose on his legs, and not the constricting tight leather ones he normally wore. 

He cursed softly to himself, wondering what his drunken self had possibly done to even get you into the same bed as him. He also cursed the strength of the sake, his head pounded and throbbed, causing him to not be able to think at all.

Why did he think this was a good idea again?

Kaeya tensed up when you shifted in your sleep, your body unconsciously adjusting itself to a more comfortable position. He didn't know what he did, he didn't know what had happened, to end up like this. It was a blur, almost a dream. 

He strained to remember, strained to think, strained to conjure up these memories of somehow getting you to sleep in his bed, and he could think of nothing. With a light groan, he made himself a small ball of ice, and he put it in his mouth. 

What else could he do to attain water for himself when you slept on his arm and kept it pinned, (he couldn't feel that arm, it felt like pins and needles) and when he'd really rather not get out of bed. He also didn't have a Hydro vision, so he made do with ice cubes and let those melt in his mouth.

He laid back on the bed, back to sorting through these blurry memories. The cold of the ice held a sobering bite to it, almost numbing his mouth. 

He remained sitting there in bed, his memories still hazy.

•☆▪︎▪︎▪︎☆•

You looked at him in shock. Did you hear him correctly?  

Kaeya was in love with you? Why? You didn't have any special talents or skills. You were just... you.

You weren't rich, you didn't have anything to be proud of. The only thing you could be proud of was your vision, but it couldn't compare to the Cryo vision that Kaeya bore. 

Tears threatened to well up and spill down your cheeks, and Kaeya noticed. 

"Snowflake? Did... did I say something wrong..." 

You shook your head quickly, unable to contain your tears.

Kaeya looked at you worriedly, cupping your face with his hands. He leaned forward and kissed them away from both cheeks, resting his forehead against yours. He stared into your eyes, kissing away any stray tear that fell. Every tear burned against your skin, his lips brushing against your skin, soothed the burning as he took them away. 

"Don't cry snowflake... I don't like seeing you sad... it makes me sad too..." 

He seemed to have sobered up a bit. He still had that drunken glaze in his eye, but it wasn't as intense as it was before. You weren't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. 

"I should go, it's late and I need my sleep..." you muttered, averting your face, starting to walk away from the male.

"Stay with me. Please. I don't sleep well... and..." his breath hitched, as he inhaled, shaking. He grasped at your hand, squeezing it a little bit. "I actually slept with you nearby..."