Chapter 9

!!!GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF VIOLENCE AHEAD!!!

The figure off in the distance grew closer, larger in form. That cape billowed behind them with each step, the scenery only becoming more and more strange.

The mountains became even more lovely, crowned with pines and topped with snow. They were still those dangerous peaks, but they became more refined, more elegant. The palace that lay nestled in the mountains was lit up by a new sight: a flourishing city below it. Words would do no justice to the beauty of the city. Spiraling towers, banners flying from their peaks. Vaulted glass dome roofs lit up the mountainside, casting the palace in a wonderous glow.

Music could be heard, but it was distant and faint. 

You longed to go to that city. 

But you still were frozen to your spot, staring towards that city, towards that figure that crept closer. The snow fell in earnest, the flakes fat and puffy. You stuck your tongue out to catch one. 

When one finally landed on your tongue, the scenery changed in an instant.

Instead of an open landscape, you ended up in a large vast room, the walls made of marble speckled with blue-veins. A fireplace lay in the room, far away but close enough to keep the room warm. You were snuggled up under covers, laid on your side. 

You felt nauseous for some reason. 

You went to sit up but you found it much more difficult than usual. With a frown you lightly tossed the covers off, shock forcing its way onto your face. 

You found your stomach large and swollen, barely hidden by the nightgown you'd been thrust into by the dream. 

You were dreaming, you had to be dreaming. You were pregnant in this dream and shock rolled through your body, nausea striking back with more force. 

Looking to the side, you gasped at seeing who else occupied the bed with you. You slapped a hand to your mouth, your eyes wide at the sight. It hurt a little, but you didn't entirely register the ring on your ring finger, so you dismissed the slight pain. 

Kaeya lay there, his hair forming a halo around his head, his eyepatch gone. He breathed deeply, shifting and turning his head. He opened a lazy eye and smiled at you. Sitting up, he moved behind you and wrapped his arms around you, pressing lazy kisses to your jaw and neck.

"Hello my dear..." he whispered, nuzzling your neck and stroking your belly with his hands. He drew lazy circles with his fingers on your belly, sighing in content. The golden wedding band on his own ring finger glittered in the fire light.

"Kaeya... where..."

"Shhhhhh... it's okay... it's all over snowflake. No more war, no more death," he murmured, shifting. He grasped your chin and turned your head so you looked at him, pressing his lips to yours. "You don't need to worry anymore... just worry about you and I... about our little one," he whispered on your lips. "I only ask that you rest and bring forth a healthy, happy child."

He kissed you once again, lazily, slowly. Kaeya cupped your face with his hands, kissing you as if he had all the time in the world. 

"I love you, my precious wife."

•☆▪︎▪︎▪︎☆•

You sat up with a startled gasp, looking immediately at Kaeya. Your hands shot to your stomach, relief shooting through you at the flatness of it. You weren't pregnant. Nothing happened between you and Kaeya.
Unless you counted how he practically kissed you asleep.