Chapter 5

Nikolay witnessed something different that afternoon at school. The perceived love between brother and sister. The definition of a family.

He decided to believe in their sibling-hood from the moment he saw them messing around in the rain. Not that they gave a damn anyway but the bond he saw was something he didn't have with his family.

Breakfast was an issue, dinner was war, his Father was a criminal in a tuxedo, his Mother, the most submissive housewife ever and his sister, a straight out pest.

He walked into their Mansion, the place Ian and Keres were supposed to hit at night and threw his bag at the door. He could do that since his Dad wasn't in.

"Oh my God, you're soaking wet! Claudia said picking up the bag. She wasn't going to wait till Diego came in. Did you stay out in the rain?" she asked.

"Yeah" he replied.

"But you hate wet and dirty things" Stellar said, making that awkward face.

"Yeah, but it just happened" he said and made for his room.

"You also like the rain. Don't question your brother" Claudia said.

Nikolay stopped in his tracks and glanced at his little sister. Maybe there was a way he could build their relationship to be like that of Ian and Sally.

"You like playing in the rain?" he asked.

"No way, I'd get mud all over my pretty hair. Gross" she said.

No, there was no hope for that sweet relationship. While they were still debating on the rain and mud issue, Diego walked in looking so worn out. The news about the school was taking a toll on him. He never imagined that what he and the school Principal were doing would cause him any damage.

Exhausted from working like he never did before, he sat on the closest sofa and took off his coat and Nikolay began to look judgingly at him.

"Do you have something to say?" Diego asked .

"Are you going to cover it up?" Nikolay asked.

"Cover what up?" Diego asked feigning, ignorance.

"The bribery case involving the school" Nikolay replied.

"Oh, that's not true at all" Diego said.

"Not true? I literally saw the persons involved come here and personally hand you the money and then you gave the Principal his share of it. All evidence regarding that case is right there in your study and you say it's not true?!" Nikolay shouted.

"Nikolay, don't talk to your Father like that!" Claudia cautioned.

"How much is it? How much is it that regardless of the huge amount of money you already have you still stoop so low to receive bribes from fools like that" he asked.

"Nikolay....... Diego started, What ever I do is for your future and that of Stellar" he said.

"I don't want that future then. I don't want a future that is being built up with the corpse of innocent people. I don't want a future that is being built up with bribes and lies"

"I don't want that kind of future and I certainly don't want the kind of Father who builds up a future like that for his son!" Nikolay said and raced up the stairs like a little boy reprimanded by his Mother.

Claudia dragged Stellar away with her to avoid getting Diego upset. And thank goodness she did that because the next second, he sent the Television to the ground.

Sally, now Keres with the help of Ian came up with the perfect plan to steal the evidence Diego said he had in his possession or as Mrs. Peters put it, retrieve.